Saturday 21 July 2012

Christmas trees - Take 2 ....

... The Jingle Belles - JB-12:15 challenge to use either RED or GREEN was too much to resist.  You've seen the set of Christmas Trees in green, and now here is the co-ordinating set in red.  Once again, they are going to be submitted to the Waltzingmouse Christmas Card April Challenge.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Nutcracker Sweet, Frame-It, Complements of the Season
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug
Spellbinders: Ironworks Motifs (S5-059), Petit Ovals Lg (S4-138) #1, Labels 10 (S5-022) # 4 & 5
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder; Card and gems from stash

I decided to play around with the layout on the red set.  The first one I made was the card on the right.  I decided to make a group of Christmas trees and layer them onto gold.  Then I made the very CAS card with the tiny tree and frame, colouring the star and adding some bling to tie it in with the first card.  I finished off with the white and red card - which is my favourite - simply cutting mats and stamping in red.  Here are the individual cards




I'm really pleased with this challenge - I've added six cards to my 2012 Christmas card stash.  Still lots more to make, but at least I've started!

I'm off to have a glass of wine with Mum.  Before I go - thank you to everyone who left such lovely words about Mum - she is fully recovered and now that the weather is a bit cooler, she's really enjoying herself again!  I'm off to a craft class tomorrow morning at my local shop - Stampeddler.  I am taking a class with Lynell Harlow of Dreamweaver Stencils - she will be teaching a new technique using pearlescent embossing paste and metallic F/X mica powders to create molten magic images!  I can't wait to play!!  See you soon.

That really is all for tonight.  

9 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Wowza ... those trees are rockin' in red ... I really love the gold accents ... more awesome holiday designs.

Jackie said...

I love your tree cards in both colours but the green ones just have the edge :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Great cards Deborah...you put me to shame haven't made one Christmas card yet this year...


Anne

Grá O'Neill said...

Great card sets. Love the green ones too, but there is something so rich about the red :)

Pauline said...

These are all fab Deb, lovely & festive!

June Houck said...

Oh, good, you did post the red! I loved the set of green, but red is my favorite color. I gotta tell you the "yuletide" card is my FAVORITE!!! The gold mirror paper, gems, and the elegant "yuletide blessings" font are stunning.

lauren bergold said...

well i really didn't think you could surpass the green ones, missus, b/c they were truly AWESOME... but of course i was totally wrong! these are just soooooooooo utterly ♥FABULOUS♥! absolutely loving all three variations; maaaayyyyyyyybe the one on the farthest left is my favorite? or........ no, i think it's too close to call, a 3-way tie!!! (or 6-way tie if we're counting the green ones, as well... you just make it WAY TOO HARD too choose!) :) :) :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Deb! Love the red and gold color combo!

kingstonmama said...

Love your Christmas cards. These look wonderful in red. I've only made a couple of Christmas cards so far this year. I need to get moving! Ann Y.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...