Monday 5 November 2012

Birthday wishes - going to be late ....

.... Good morning everyone.  Hope you had a good weekend - ours was just fab.  We all got to do stuff we liked - me crafting, Jonathan photography and Kathryn Minecraft, and we were together!

I realised yesterday that a friend of mine has a birthday this coming week and that any card I make is going to be late!  I made one anyway using a couple of challenges:


Stamps: PTI - The Sweet Life, Movers & Shakers Sentiments
Inks: Stampin' Up! - So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: PTI - Sweet Life
Accessories:  Card from stash



I really like this sketch - so many possibilities.  My original thought was a Christmas card, but this group of gorgeous roses also works.  It's a three step stamp from Papertrey Ink.  I cut out the base layer with the coordinating die and then stamped, in order, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango.  I added a few leaves (to which I added just a touch of green) and finished off with a bold greeting on the outside of the card and the tagline inside.  I also added another group of roses on the inside.

The card is in the post and will hopefully arrive within the week!!  I really must remember that it takes up to 10 days for cards to get to the UK!!!!

I've been busy cataloguing my new stamps - it's a mammoth task as I've left it for a while.  But it really is worth the effort.  I think I'll be finished later today and then I really do have to get a shift on and finish my Christmas cards.  That's all for now.  See you soon.


11 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Really lovely flowers Deborah and I love the soft gray of the sentiment! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!.

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Deborah...just love that rose...

Anne

Pauline said...

Lovely CAS design Deb, love these orangey warm colours.

Patrice said...

Love that pop of orange!

A Consuming Passion said...

Great combination for the CTS challenge this week Deborah! Pretty colours too!

Sylvia said...

Such a lovely card, Deborah, the roses are pretty! thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week.

Charmaine Stack said...

I love weekends like that! This is such a sweet and pretty card, you will be forgiven if it is late.

Chrissy Larson said...

Such a beautiful color combo and I love how you did the leaves! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Gayatri said...

Such a lovely card, Deborah! Love those roses:) Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this sketch:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, your friend will adore it!
Thanks for sharing at CAS(E) this sketch this week!

N@ Ali said...

what a lovely card! thank you for joining us at the colourQ and CTS ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...