Thursday 31 January 2013

Sweet ....

.... The wind is whistling around the house this morning, so glad that I'm tucked up in the warm and dry and playing in my craft room.  I've made a card just for fun based on these challenges:


Stamps: CAS-ual Fridays - Rad, Loving Thoughts, Casual Elegance
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Old Olive
Dies: Spellbinders - Crown Circles (S4-302) #3
Accessories: SU Design Paper and Card - Old Olive ; SU Ribbon - Old Olive; SU Marker Pens: Crumb Cake, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, SU Brad; White card from stash




I used the sketch from The Paper Players for the layout, the colours from The Colour Throwdown (so pretty) and used marker pens to colour the leaves on the side panel and the letters on the sentiment.  I cut a panel of white card and randomly stamped a mixture of CAS-ual Friday stamps (seemed appropriate) and layered this onto some Old Olive design paper and adhered it to the card.  I added a simple ribbon and stamped the sentiment above - I like these open sentiments, perfect for colouring!!  I made the flower by stamping the large from from Loving Thoughts three times and cutting them out, I finished off by adding a brad to the centre of the flower.  Here's a close up of the coloured sentiment.

Bye for now - wherever you are - be safe!

9 comments:

Deb said...

Gorgeous card! I love the combination of challenges and your bit of coloring. Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Stamps and Paper said...

Fab card Deborah gorgeous colours

Anne

wienerhoneymooners said...

Sweet colors!

jaydee said...

Deborah, I love the colors on your card, the layered flower and the brad you used for the middle of the flower perfectly echoes the shape of the petals underneath. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

LeAnne said...

I love your dimensional flower and the colors are so fresh and springy! Thanks so much for playing with my sketch this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Lovely card, Deborah! Such pretty spring colors--perfect for a winter day! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

So pretty! I love pinks and greens together, and your layered flower is fabulous. Thanks for sharing your creation with The Paper Players, Deborah!

Joan Ervin said...

How soft and pretty....your flower is beautiful and I sooo love how you used the colors!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge...it's always wonderful to see your lovely cards in the CTD gallery!!!!

Anonymous said...

This card just tickles my fancy-I just looove that flower!!! So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...