Thursday 14 March 2013

Envelope Art ....

... Hello again - I'm playing along with the current Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog - SSCB#7 which is to decorate a mail-able envelope.  I think the only reason I haven't played along with these challenges before is that I don't have any Serendipity stamps.  But I do have a Serendipity die - so while it's not a stamp, I hope the team accept this envelope for the challenge:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Spring Baskets
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Pool Party
Die: Serenpidity - Floral Butterfly
Accessories:  A2 White Lustre Envelope

This was really easy to make.  I ran some white card through my Xyron sticker machine to make the back self-adhesive - can you imagine trying to get glue on all the little flourishes in this shape????  Next I put some wax paper on the card and then the die.  I ran the whole bundle through my Cuttlebug several time to make sure that card and backing sheet were cleanly cut.  Then I carefully removed all the waste card.  I added some colour by sponging on Pool Party ink.  Then it was simply a case of peeling off the backing and adhering to the front of the envelope.  I left space to the side to add the address.   I decided to add a sweet sentiment too - I think I'm being hopeful!!

The challenge is open until midnight US EST on 17th March - so there's still time to join in.  Oh yes, there's a prize too of $20 towards some Serendipity stamps - here's hoping!!

6 comments:

Ardyth said...

So pretty in that soft green - love the detail!

Marybeth said...

Love it Deborah! Thanks so much for playing along, the die is just perfect! You would think I would know to run it through the xyron first. Thanks for that tip. I got a xyron a few months ago and it does come in handy. Im glad you had the butterfly die!

Jackie said...

Very pretty envelope, I love that flutterby die and the colour. Love your Easter egg card too :o)
Jackie xx

A Consuming Passion said...

It's so pretty Deborah! Love the shade of green and running your card through a xyron machine first......genius!!!

Jeanne J. said...

I love the color and so smart to run it through the xyron! Looks fab!

Pauline said...

Another lovely spring coloured creation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...