Thursday 30 May 2013

Birthday blues ....

.... good afternoon all!  I do hope you're having a good day - it's been pretty good here.  I got a lot of house type stuff done this morning, and I also got some time in my craft room!  I've made a birthday card for a couple of challenges:
 

Stamps: Inkadinkado - Humourous Birthday
Inks: Stazon - Jet Black; Stampin' Up! - Midnight Muse
Accessories: SU Card & Design Paper - Midnight Muse, Bashful Blue; Copics; White Lustre card


I don't normally do "funny/humour" cards as I think my sense of humour is a tad warped for some!  However, I remembered this sweet set of stamps and decided to have a go!  I used the colours from this week's Dynamic Duos (sad that Bashful Blue is being retired).  I made the mat from Midnight Muse and stamped the image directly onto white card and again onto Bashful Blue DP.  I coloured the face and hair with Copics and paper pieced the outfit.  I finished off with a bold birthday sentiment.  As I get older, I certainly think I get more and more like my Mum, and even sound like her!!

It's crazy hot and humid here in Northville today - currently at 29°C and sadly my air con seems to have stopped working!!!  Darn!  Oh well, it looks like we're going to have a big storm soon - skies are very grey - if only it would reduce the humidity!

That's all for now - see you soon.

7 comments:

Janet's Joy said...

It's so funny and true that we become more like our parents!!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Lynn Mercurio said...

LOL...what a funny sentiment. I don't know about you but I became my mother a long time ago. LOL

Great card, Deb.

G Peplow said...

Great card Deborah! I love the sentiment it's so true! LOL Gay x

Marybeth said...

Its cute and I love the bit of humor! I am only a bit of my mother the best bits…. lol jk

lin_ka1 said...

wesoła urodzinowa karta :) Super

wienerhoneymooners said...

Such a cute one! Ha, love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Deb! Hope you have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...