Sunday 16 June 2013

Happy Father's Day ....

.... Good morning all!  Today is Father's Day and sadly we won't be in Northville to spoil Jonathan.  Kathryn did ask me to make a card for her to give to her Dad - I had such fun!!  I used this week's Colour Q - cQc193 colours for the card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Country Labels 4, Man of the Hour
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Certainly Celery, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versamark
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 4 (S4-190) # 5; Labels 4 Sm (S4-309) # 6
Accessories: SU Card - Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Certainly Celery, Island Indigo; White Lustre Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Couture Creations EF - Workshop


I absolutely adore the Country Labels 4 stamps - I stamped the image five times - in black (embossed with clear powder), Real Red, Certainly Celery, Island Indigo and Bermuda Bay.  I die cut the black image and cut out a different section in each colour (I saw this on the launch at Waltzingmouse but I can't remember whose card it was!).  I cut out the centre of the scraps and stamped the sentiment in black and embossed with clear powder.  I decided to make a mat layer using all four colours of card - I used a grid to line up the scraps taped them together, die cut the shape and adhered the patchwork label on top.  I decided to keep the card white, but embossed it to add detail.

The inside has a mat layer in Bermuda Bay and on the white panel I stamped the two sentiments that Kathryn picked out.


I think Jonathan has a relaxing day planned - we'll call him on Skype to chat.  Love the Internet - makes keeping in touch so easy.  Bye for now.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning Deborah!! running away to pin it!! hugs!

Heather Rogers said...

Fabulous father's day card. I like the different colors on the frame and embossed background. :)

Renee said...

What a fabulous card...
and love the way you did the mat with all 4 colors!
Hope you're having a wonderful time :)

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Deborah, I love the clean look of this card! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ this week.

Kim Heggins said...

Too cute Deborah!

Kara said...

So cool!! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ !!

Darnell said...

WOW, Deborah, WOW! I am enthralled by how you did this incredible label with the different colors and patterns! I'm bookmarking this to study it further when I have more time; thank you for the awesome creativity! I hope your having a blast in the UK!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...