Monday 9 September 2013

Birthday invitations .....

.... Morning - I was busy making Kathryn's birthday invitations yesterday - she's having her party on Saturday 14th, so I've left it a bit late!!  However, it shouldn't be a problem as she and her friends have been discussing it for a while!  I used the theme from this week's CAS- Colours & Sketches Challenge - CASC&S41 - rainbow colours.  Here are the cards I made:


Stamps: Lil Inkers - Notebook Doodles; My Favourite Things - Just the Ticket, Playlist, For the Record
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Garden Green, Pool Party
Dies: Lil Inkers - Notebook
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Various Copic and Sakura Stardust pens; SU Markers - Basic Grey, Real Red, Basic Black



This is the first time I've inked up the doodle stamps.  I used Copics and Sakura Stardust pens to colour in the doodles, it was such fun!  Then I cut out eight notebook pages and stamped on the lines.  For the words on the pages I used a mixture of stamps from My Favourite Things and some of the doodle images.  The reverse of the invitation gives details of the party:


I've blanked out the address and telephone number.  Each card is slightly different; I used different colours to stamp "legit" and "OMGEE!" on each card.  I put each invitation card into a glassine envelope and added a name label.


Below are the other three invitation cards - as you can see - there are a few subtle differences between them.



That's all for now.  I've got a really busy day lined up - sadly all involving housework.  My ironing basket is piled high - so I'll be doing it all in front of the TV and watch a movie at the same time.  See you soon.

9 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

You've done a great job with these gorgeous invites Debirah lovely vibrant colours

Anne

Jackie said...

So sorry to have missed so many of your beautiful cards but with so much going on here at the moment I am having difficulty finding time between hospital visits. Thank you so much for your lovely message about Stephen :o)
Jackie xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

fabulous Invites Deborah, I love the design.
Kevin xx

Karen (carefree creations) said...

So fun - love that stamp set! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Pauline said...

Fun invites for your teen Deborah, they look like you drew the doodles yourself!

Jacqueline said...

Hi Deborah - what great cards - thanks for joining in this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

Sue Lelli said...

Did your daughter just LOVE these invitations? I think they are so COOL and just perfect for her b-day!

Julia Aston said...

What colorful and fun invites for your DD's b'day Deborah!

Jeanne J. said...

You have to be the coolest mom ever - first you have an accent and then BAM these amazing invites. I have been spying up this set for a very long time and haven't bought them yet! You made this amazing - I love the stuff you do for your kids. The fluorescent ink is how shall I say??? SWEEEEEET!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...