Saturday 26 October 2013

Fancy folds ....

.... Good morning - it's the weekend already!  It's time for our new challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and Danielle has a real dozy for us!  She wants to have cards with fancy folds.  Now, I'm not great with anything other that simple folds - so for me this was a real challenge.  However, here's my card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Nutcracker Sweet, Compliments of the Season II
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - Pool Party
Dies: Spellbinders - Scalloped Rectangles Lg (S4-133) #5
Accessories:  White Lustre Card; Dovecraft DP - Christmas Blues; SU Card - Pool Party; Gems; Copics

It's a standard 5½" × 4¼" card; I folded the front in half and then positioned my die and only cut half way - creating a flip-card.  I covered the inside back and side as well as the front fold with some pretty Christmas paper. I cut a couple of panels in Pool Party card to make the flip section a bit stronger.  I stamped some little Christmas trees directly on the front panel, as well as one on white card which I coloured with Copics.  I cut this one out and adhered it with dimensional tape.  The inside has a panel in white on which I stamped another greeting. 



I'm really pleased how this turned out - you should have seen the first couple I tried to make - they are in the bin!  I've also taken a photo of the card standing up so that you can see the fancy folds.


Don't forget to check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the team - there are a selection of fancy folds on display!!  See you soon.

18 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Like your take on the challenge Debs...love your trees great design

Anne

A Consuming Passion said...

Wonderful fancy fold Deborah! great colours too.

Maria said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! Love those beautiful trees!

Unknown said...

Lovely card.
I always find it so difficult to make interactive cards and different kinds of folded cards look good, but you definitely doesn't have the same problem. Your cards is stunning.

Renee said...

Love this beauty!
I'm not great with fancy folds either...
usually avoid them...
but your take is awesome! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah I love this fabulous card, I am really keen to try this now. The papers are just perfect!

Kate said...

You and I must be on the same wave length Deborah. I've just finished my second card like this they're fab aren't they. Love how you've decorated yours and I like that extra panel you've added. Great job !!!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card Deborah...love the sweet soft colors and your trio of trees.

Mynn xx said...

This is just fabulous, Deb! LOVE the great wintry colors you used and I adore the tree image you used! HUGS and have a great rest of the weekend! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Deb! Love the fancy fold! I'll have to give that a try!

Ruth M said...

Fabulous flip card Deborah, you did a fantastic job, you should confidently make more fancy folds in the future! I love the colours - so very pretty! Have a great week! Ruth x

Bev said...

A fab flip card, and I love your DP in the pastel colours. Bev :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card! I have yet to try one of these fancy folds, but I really need to try!

Danielle Vincent said...

Thanks for stepping outside of your comfort zone for my October Challenge Deborah! You did a FAB job - looks like you had done many before. I love the colors and the darling trio of trees. Hugs D

Jacqueline said...

This is lovely - your fancy folds and trees are beautiful - Jacqueline xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Very clever fold Deborah! I love the way you topped your Christmas trees. Vicky x

Deepti said...

Wow Deborah!! I just love these fun folds and that Christmas tree is so cute :)

Louise van Vuren said...

What a fab flip card! Love the chilly colours and the trees. You'd never guess you were not an old hand at these fancy fold cards

Louise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...