Monday 4 November 2013

A one for two .....

..... Good morning!  I hope you all had a good weekend.  I've had a very good time - more of that later.  I've a card to share with you now - it's been made with a couple of challenges in mind:

You & Me Chemistry - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Love Potion; There She Goes Stamps - Chemistry
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Pear Pizzazz, Wisteria Wonder, Peach Parfait; Memento - London Fog, Tuxedo Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Pinking Circles Sm (S4-172) #2; Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Layers Stax #2; PTI - Love Potion
Accessories:  White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Grey, Wisteria Wonder; Sakura Stardust Pen; SU Marker - Wisteria Wonder; Clear Embossing Powder; Copics - V25, YR20, G21


I struggled a bit with these colours, but while going through my stamps yesterday I came across the Love Potion set which I got as I just LURVE chemistry!!  Transition chemistry is one of my favourite areas, partly because transition elements give solutions (see the picture below) with the most fabulous range of colours - hence this card!!  I die cut and stamped the various containers and mounted them onto some dark grey spiky circles, on the last circle I stamped a "molecule" and embossed it with clear powder.  I finished the front with the sentiment stamped and embossed on vellum and a tiny flask which I attached with dimensional tape.  The inside has a mat layer of dark grey, a group of glassware and a simple sentiment.  Obviously this is the perfect card to send to me!!!  However, I think it's likely to be slipped into Jonathan's bag at some point.

You & Me Chemistry inside - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The image below shows a selection of solutions made from different transition elements - such pretty colours!

Chemistry of d- and f- Block: The Absorption Spectrum of Complex Compounds

So, as I said, the weekend was lots of fun!  I spent most of Saturday in my craft room - you've seen the firework card - and the rest of the time I was sorting and tidying! I can even see the floor in places :)  Saturday evening we all headed to the cinema to see Ender's Game.  I'm not going to give away any spoilers, just to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Kathryn really liked the film too and even plans on reading the book!!  Yesterday Jonathan was out at a photo shoot, Kathryn was listening to her music and I did more tidying - I really should sort out catalogue pages as soon as I get new stamps!!  Would be so much easier.

That's all for now - I'm determined to finish sorting out my craft room!  See you soon.

8 comments:

Marybeth said...

Deborah this card is perfect for you , with your love of chemistry. Love all the bottles and potions! Sounds like a busy weekend.

Kim Heggins said...

Love it...this is such a fabulous card Deborah.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this chemistry Deborah! The beakers look great filled with this weeks colours! Thank you so much for joining us at the colourQ this week!

Claire said...

What a great card - I don't think I've seen that stamp set before...looks like the Colour Q combo was the perfect palette for you this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a brilliant card Deborah - and I know your love of chemistry! (thanks for the info about transition chemistry - who knew?!) And thanks too for the Ender's Game info - I now have a date for the weekend! Did you see Harrison Ford on Graham Norton with Benedict Cumberbatch and the fab Jack Whitehall? It was brilliant! Vicky x

Buffy said...

Utterly LOVE this card.....chemistry all the way....
Totally stunning work
Hugs Buf xx

Sarah said...

Great card, love your layout and those stamps are just fab, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Deborah, love those stamps! So glad you joined us at the colourQ.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...