Thursday 28 November 2013

A thank you .....

...  Good afternoon everyone!  We are enjoying the first day of our Thanksgiving long weekend.  We woke to light snow falling and a very cold morning.  I got most of the preparations for today's dinner sorted out last night, which mean that after watching the Thanksgiving Day parade from Detroit (on TV - not going out in that cold) I was able to spend a little while in my craft room.  Appropriately, I made a thank you card:

Thank you - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Fine Feathers, Funky Flowers, Crackle Background Lg
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Circles
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Burlap Ribbon; SU Marker - Early Espresso

I used the sketch from the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party Bedtime Story - WMSPJPBS4, I have to admit that I was beginning to think I wouldn't make it in time.  For the colours I've used this week's selection from Colour Q - cQc217, although I've had to substitute Lucky Limeade for Kiwi Kiss.


I cut a panel of white card using the stitched dies from Lil Inkers and while still in the die stamped the crackle background in green.  I used the second impression for a more subtle finish.  I edged the card with Early Espresso to define the panel.  I attached some burlap ribbon to the panel and then adhered the whole lot to the card base.  I die cut a large circle and stamped the sentiment in brown.  I made these flowers using Funky Flowers, stamping the large and medium images onto white card and cutting them out. To finish the flowers I added the centres in turquoise.  For the inside I have a mat layer of orange and a white panel which is blank for my message.

As I type I can smell the turkey roasting in the oven - it's still got a couple of hours to go, we are not sitting down to dinner until about 3.00pm.  It's entirely possible that I've cooked too much!!  That's all for now - off to have a glass of wine and read before finishing dinner!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant use of these colours, Deborah ... a live the texture of the burlap! Happy Thanksgiving! Anita :)

Jen Mitchell said...

This is such a beautiful card with all its yummy texture and bright, bold flowers! Thanks for joining us at colourQ! And I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Claire said...

How lovely waking up to a little snow...something I miss here in Australia. Lovely card Deborah - those bright blooms are so pretty! Hope you enjoy your long weekend!

walchowDesign said...

How nice that you woke up with some light snow but over here, we woke up with strong wind and rain!!

Beautiful card, Deborah! Love your take on the colour challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card and so many interesting elements. We got snow this week, about 4", and very cold too. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

LeAnne said...

Such a nice thank you card, Deborah. I love the subtle background stamping and your pretty florals. Thanks for participating this week with the CQC colors!

Sylvia said...

So very pretty, Deborah! Love all the texture you created. So glad you played with us at the colourQ.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...