Tuesday 12 November 2013

Snowflakes .....

.... Morning!  I don't just mean the one on my Christmas card!  I mean the ones on the rooftops and grass - we had snow yesterday and the overnight temperatures were low enough for it to settle and stick!  While it looks very pretty - I don't much like snow.  I've a card to share with you this morning that features snowflakes!!!

Snowflakes Merry Christmas - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - Background Builders Christmas, Peace on Earth
Inks: Stamin' Up! - Pool Party, Real Red
Dies: Uniko Studio - Snowflakes
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Pool Party, Real Red; SU Marker - Real Red; Glitter


I used the layout from this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS53 and the colours from the current Festive Friday Challenge - FFC21.  I wasn't sure what to do with the sketch at first, but while stamping these images into my Stamp Catalogue, it came to me!  I used post it notes to mask areas of the card and then stamped the snowflake and star borders.  I used my marker pen to add bright red lines to define each section.  I added a die cut snowflake on the front cutting the bottom layer from aqua card, the top from white and adding a little red star in the middle.  I added glitter to the edges of the snowflake.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in aqua and on the white panel I used the negative die cut as a stencil, softly sponging aqua ink.  I finished with a simple sentiment in red.

Snowflakes Merry Christmas inside - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This card is reasonably flat so will be easy to post!  I was outside first thing this morning with my camera taking photos of the first snow of winter.

First Snow of Winter Northville 1 - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

First Snow of Winter Northville 2 - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

First Snow of Winter Northville 3 - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The Halloween pumpkins look really pretty with a frosting of snow.  Here are a few photos - if you want to see the rest click on this link to my Flickr account.  That's all for now, but do drop by later for the new Addicted to Stamps and More! post.  See you soon.

15 comments:

Darnell said...

I love your Christmas take on the sketch, Deborah! And thanks for sharing your "the-frost-is-on-the-pumpkins" photos!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Great job on the sketch and I simply LOVE that color combination! Awesome job!

Sue Lelli said...

Glad I missed the snow! LOL! LOVE the snowflakes on your card with that pretty paper! FAB, Deb!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love the beautiful snowflakes and great photos! Brrrr looks cold! sending warm desert wishes your way :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Deb! Love your stamped background and the color combo is one of my favorites! Stay warm!

Kylie said...

Oh, Wow! Snow!!!! Thanks for the pics, Deborah.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely your glittery snowflakes, beautiful card. Lovely photos too, perfect for this time of year!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Deb, I love when you play with Festive Friday! I love how you combined our challenge with the sketch! Thank you so much for joining us this week!

Ardyth said...

Love your frosted snowflake! (The frosted pumpkins, not so much, feel free to keep the snow in Michigan! lol!) Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

Beverley said...

Wow, love, love, LOVE this Deborah, you've made my day seeing this :) Hugs Bev x

Renee said...

Love this,Deborah!
Colors...
sketch...
those snowflakes!!
And yeah...
spent some Thanksgiving's in MI with a couple of feet of snow on the ground by then...
it's what makes hubby miss it and me saying "never!" :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous! I love your take on the sketch - so classy!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, very pretty card! I love your sparkly layered snowflakes!

Kim Heggins said...

This is fabulous! and I love your photos, so fun to see.

Betty said...

Love your sparkley snowflakes. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...