Monday 16 December 2013

Aching all over ...

... Morning all!  No posts yesterday, I was rather busy shovelling snow!!  Okay, to be fair, we were all busy shovelling.  I went shopping on Friday and decided that buying a snow blower was an extravagance we could do without.  I was regretting that decision yesterday.  I know that many places in the US have had much, much more snow than us, but it was a lot to us!!!  I took a few photos - it was just over 4" deep on one side of the drive and nearly 9" on the other!!  It took a while to clear.

Snow 4" - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSnow 9" - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

We did go back to Home Depot on yesterday after we'd cleared the drive to get a snow blower but they'd sold out!  Who would have guessed?  Oh, yes - I would!  I think I'm going to have to go back and check to see if they have some more delivered this week.

I think I've said before that the best place for snowflakes is on a card, but they do look really pretty outside the house!  Here are a few more photos from yesterday!

Snow photos 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Snow photos 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Snow photos 3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Snow photos 4 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Snow photos 5 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

So you can see why I didn't get into my craft room, which was the original plan, I was taking photos and shovelling.  No snow overnight so all that hard work was worth it!  Even the roads on the estate are reasonably clear.  There's no snow for the day, so I'm going to get some shopping done!  See you soon.

signature

4 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Your photo's look so Christmassy Deborah...snow is lovely to look at but not to drive in...

Anne

Pauline said...

Brrr! That looks so cold Deborah! Its been a bit milder here over the weekend, with lots and lots of rain and wind! I don't know where this extra cold winter has gone the papers were saying about!

Kylie said...

I love your photos, Deborah. Thank you SO much for sharing. Im sorry to hear how achy you are. That beautiful snow is just amazing though! Xxx

Anonymous said...

Yeah, snow blowers are like that! When you need one they don't have any in stock, and when you get one it clutters up the garage for most of the year! Although, when you need to use it, they're bloody useful I have to say. I used ours on Sunday and I ached like crazy on Monday! They're heavy and ours isn't "driven" which means it only pulls itself along when it's going through the snow, otherwise you have to push it and man handle it about! Still useful though! We had to drive to Ann Arbor and back on Saturday, it was a bear! AA has a surprising number of hills, we were watching the buses get stuck and the cars sliding back down, so kept turning around and making the satnav find another way! We have a had a couple of very mild winters, perhaps this one is going to bite us!

Hugs
Brenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...