Friday 20 December 2013

Holiday hugs ...

... Good morning everyone.  I managed to get some time in my craft room yesterday - didn't expect it, but it was fun!  I made a snowflake card:

Holiday Hugs - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Festive Flurry, More Merry Messages; Waltzingmouse - Basket Additions
Inks: SU - Island Indigo, Smoky Slate
Dies: SU - Festive Flurry Framelits
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Island Indigo; SU DP - Winter Frost; Cuttlebug EF - Christmas Stars; Gem


I used the layout from this week's Retro Sketches - RS#94.  I cut a couple of strips in Island Indigo and embossed the smaller piece with stars.  The design paper is perfect - it has snowflakes!  I stamped the three smallest snowflake images - two in grey and one in teal, cut them out with the matching dies, layered them and added a single gem.  I finished by adding a tiny sentiment in the corner.  For the inside, I used another sheet of design paper and on the white panel stamped a lovely Christmas verse.

Holiday Hugs inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

It's Kathryn's last day at school and Jonathan's last day at work before our holiday break.  Many of our UK friends flew back to the UK last night - we're off tonight!  It'll be so nice to see our families.  That's all for now - got lots to do today!  See you soon.

signature

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

You must be feeling very excited Deborah! Have a safe trip home, a great Christmas and a wonderful reunion with your family and friends.

Love the way you layered up this snowflake and amused that you found yourself in your craft room just before catching a plane! Vicky x

Jackie said...

Wonderful selection of cards since I was last here Deborah. I hope you had/have a smooth flight home :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card and stunning colours Deborah

Anne

Darnell said...

This is so pretty, Deborah! I love the colors and it is perfect for the sketch! Have a wonderful trip and the happiest of holidays with your family!! Holly Hugs! Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...