Saturday 25 January 2014

52CCT - Technique challenge ...

.... Good morning everyone, can you believe it's already the last challenge of January!  Where has the time gone?  This week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown we have a technique for you.  Mynnette would like to see double embossing on our cards - you know, both dry embossing and heat embossing.  Here's my take:

Season's Greetings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: My Favourite Things - Seasonal Sentiments; Trio of Hanging Ornaments (don't have the name of the company)
Inks: Versamark; Distress - Squeezed Lemonade, Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers; Stampin' Up! - Bermuda Bay, Wild Wisteria; Memento - London Fog
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 10 (S5-022) #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Core'dinations Black Magic; SU Card - Wild Wisteria; Cuttlebug EF - Christmas Countdown; Black Embossing Powder; Lakeland - Metallic Banner

I'm surrounded by so much snow here that my initial thought was to make a card featuring snowflakes, but I decided enough!  I embossed some core'dination card with the Christmas Countdown folder and sanded back to reveal the lilac core.  I cut a mat of lilac card for the embossed layer and adhered to the card base.  I stamped the ornaments (sadly I don't know what company made this one) in Versamark and heat embossed with black powder.  I added colour to the image by sponging on distress inks.  I finsished the front with a simple metallic sentiment banner.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of lilac card and on the white panel stamped a bold Christmas sentiment and finished by adding some of those snowflakes!!

Season's Greetings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I have to say that I really enjoyed the monochromatic cards you made for last week's challenge - it's going to be tough to pick a winner!  I hope you have fun with this week's technique and don't forget to check out the blog to see inspiration cards from the rest of the team.  See you soon.

signature

6 comments:

Peanut said...

That embossed background is soooo cool. Love how you've sanded it down to reveal the core. Embossed baubles - the perfect finishing touch.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Danielle Vincent said...

Beautiful card Deborah. LOVE the sanded embossing panel. Terrific colors too. Hugs D

Mynn xx said...

This just looks SO cool, Deb! LOVE the fabulous colors and the wonderful image you chose! HUGS and have a great rest of the weekend! :) Mynn xx

Bonnie said...

I love these unexpected colors for this Christmas card! Lovely!

Patricia Hays said...

I like the way you've sponged the color on the ornaments - along with the sponging around the edges of the panel, it gives a really nice "glow" to your card.

Jacqueline said...

Fabulous embossing Deborah - it's a lovely card - Jacqueline xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...