Friday 24 January 2014

Colour blocks .....

....  Morning everyone!  The arctic blast is back in full force, so much so that Kathryn has a snow day.  No actual snow, but wind chills down to -19°C (-2°F) and that's with a very light breeze.  We're expecting gusts up to 30 mph, so the wind chills are going down!!!  So my card this morning is looking towards spring and warmer weather:

So Glad - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Bloomin' Marvellous
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Daffodil Delight, Garden Green
Dies: Memory Box - Toulouse Background
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Daffodil Delight, Garden Green; SU Card - Marina Mist


I used the sketch from this week's CAS Colour & Sketch - CASC&S#58 turning through 90°, and the theme of colour blocks from CAS-ual Fridays - CFC#126.  I picked the background colours to suggest ground, sky and sun and placed the die cut over the top.  It's a new die and it cuts like a dream!  I added a simple sentiment in the corner.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in blue and stamped a couple of flowers at the corners, but left a big space for me to write a message.

So Glad inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I don't think Kathryn or I will be venturing outside today - so I have the perfect excuse to play in my craft room - all day!!  That's all for now, see you soon.

signature

6 comments:

Deepti said...

Wow that memory box die looks awesome and I like the way you pictured ur card... Sun n sky :) lovely

karen h said...

Wonderful card! I love the white silhouette overlay! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the color blocks and the white flower! Cool look, Deb!

Jacqueline said...

Stunning - love it! - thanks for joining in at CC&S this week - Jacqueline xx

Patricia Hays said...

I love your use of the colors and that fabulous floral die cut! Excellently done, Deborah! :)
Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at CAS - Colours and Sketches!

Unknown said...

A wonderful clean card Deborah!
Thanks so much for joining us at CAS this week!
Lizy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...