Wednesday 15 January 2014

Die cut Easter ....

....  Good morning!  I'm back with another Easter card - I was on a bit of a roll when I made yesterday's card for Addicted to Stamps and More!  This time I've made a very clean and simple card:

Happy Easter - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Nestie Eggs, A Good Egg; Deedee's Digi - Pocketpal Kitten
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Nested Eggs (S4-264) #6; WMS cut files - A Good Egg
Accessories: White Lustre Card; WMS Digi Papers - Folk Art "Clean"; Doily;  Vellum; Copics

I've used several challenges to make this card:

I made the cute Pocketpal Kitten by printing onto WMS digital papers (one of which was recoloured in Lightroom), cutting out and layering.  I used the largest egg die to cut an egg shaped window on the front of the card.  I stamped the patterned egg on to vellum using Versamark, heat embossed with white powder, die cut it out and then coloured the reverse of the image with a Copic marker.  I ran the coloured egg through my Xyron and adhered it directly beneath the window opening.  I stamped the sentiment onto a banner from the WMS cut file set and adhered it on the egg.  I finished the front by adhering the kitten by the side of the window opening.  Below is a view of the inside of the card, as well as the card open, showing the window.

Happy Easter open - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Easter inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for today.  I've got some housework to do and I want to get some photo editing done too!  See you soon.

signature

8 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a fabulous Easter card Deborah - the Kitten is adorable and I love the coloured vellum.
Thank you so much for joining us at ATCAS - Sylvia x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous Easter card Deborah - the kitten is adorable, and I love the coloured vellum.
Thank you so much for joining us at ATCAS - Sylvia x

Sharyn Polesel said...

Another pretty one! Love that gorgeous embossed egg and the paper piecing on the pocket kitty! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Loll said...

Sweet Easter card Deborah! Love the patterned egg in the aperture ... and the way you've attached the sweet little kitten in a pocket to the front of the card - very creative! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that window with the beautiful egg showing through. The kitten in the pocket is adorable. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card ! I love the stamping on vellum and the colors are so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

Vicki Dutcher said...

What an adorable card! Love the egg and of course the kitty! Thanks for playing in both JUGS & ATCAS!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too cute...what a gorgeous egg!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...