Wednesday 8 January 2014

What's the buzz? ...

....  Hello!!  I managed to get an hour in my craft room yesterday afternoon - so nice to sit in the warm!!  This card is one of the stash that I use for my friends in the UK, to give and get news!

What's the Buzz? - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Inkadinkadoo - Morphic Bugs; Paper Smooches - Cyber Cafe
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stazon - Jet Black; Stampin' Up! - Garden Green, Summer Starfruit
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Summer Starfruit; Vellum; Clear Embossing Powder

I used the sketch from this week's Just Us Girls Challenges - JUGS#222 and the colours from Dynamic Duos - DD#85.


I made the card from Summer Starfruit; I wasn't sure about this colour when it first came out, but now I really love it!  I cut a panel of white card and adhered it to the base.  Next I cut the vellum to size and stamped the butterfly image in Versafine and embossed with clear powder.  Next I sponged on both Summer Starfruit and Garden Green inks and then cut the panel into three.  I finished the front with a fun sentiment.  Inside I cut a panel of white card and stamped some butterflies.

What's the Buzz? inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I almost didn't post this card - the idea was a good one, but I don't think it quite works!  That's all for today.  I've a lot to do today - I have to drive into Northville, not something I'm looking forward to.  Hopefully, the roads will be much clearer by now and not too icy!  And I really do have to get on with some ironing - I didn't do any over the holidays and the pile I have now is quite high.  Hey ho!  See you soon.

signature

7 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

I think it's gorgeous :-) hope the drive wasn't too bad - I hate driving on snow
Tara x

Nancy said...

Great job Deborah with our sketch over at Just Us Girls..flipping it worked really well for your card! Cool colors too. Hope to see you again!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very nice card.....great colors! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I like how you flipped the sketch. That butterfly, swirly image works perfectly on those panels and I love your choice of colors. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Julie Gearinger said...

Great job with the Dynamic Duos Challenge as well as the other challenges :-) Love the butterfly panel along with the interior details! Thanks for playing along with us at the Dynamic Duos :-)

Claire said...

I hadn't realised you'd stamped this on vellum until I read your post Deborah - looks fab with the sponged colours over the top!

hollybeary creations said...

This is so pretty.. I love how you used the challenge colors.. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...