Wednesday 19 February 2014

Resting my eyes ....

...  Hello again!  I've another masculine themed retirement card for you today.  I had the stamps on my desk after making my earlier DT card for The Male Room challenge - theme Retirement, and decided to make a fun one this time!

Do not disturb - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Papermania - It's a Man's World Couch Potato
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Squares Lg (S4-126) #6, Squares Sm (S4-128) #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Papermania DP - It's A Man's World; Clear Embossing Powder; Copics

I really like the image of the guy asleep in his armchair, and it reminded me a bit of my grandfather after he'd retired.  He'd always tell us that he wasn't asleep at all, "just resting my eyes!" he'd say.  He is very much missed.

I stamped the image onto white card, marked the die position and then cut out the feet, so that they would hang off the edge of the square.  I stamped the image again onto striped paper for the chair, blue paper for the trousers and white card for the man's body and also the newspaper, and fussy cut the layers.  I used Copics to colour the man and add a touch of colour to the paper.  I added shading around the image and then layered it onto a backing square.  I stamped a few sentiments randomly over the background.  On the inside I cut a mat layer to match the armchair and on the white panel I stamped a bit of the man asleep and a simple sentiment.

Do not disturb inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this to this week's Less is More challenge - LIM#159 where the theme is masculine cards.  I'm not sure whether there is enough white space for Chrissie and Jen, but it is quite clean and simple!  I'm off to watch the Olympics - it's the Ladies short programme in the ice skating - should be very interesting too!  Bye for now.

signature

6 comments:

Marianne said...

beautiful card

Anne said...

LOL what a fun card

Thanks for joining Less is More's masculine challenge this week
Anne
Guest "Less is More"

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
Thanks
Cindy

Jackie said...

Excellent selection of cards since I last popped in :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card and love the paper piecing...

Anne

Chrissie said...

This is great fun Deborah!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...