Thursday 10 April 2014

Stampin' Up! Cards ....

... Hi!  Last week I attended a Stampin' Up! class at Karin's place.  We had lots of fun making cards and chatting.  Here are the cards I made.  The first card is a super masculine style birthday card and is a CASE (copy and share everything) based on Monica Gale's card:


Stamps: SU - By the Tide, Says It All
Inks: SU - Baked Brown Sugar, Marina Mist, So Saffron; Stazon - Jet Black
Accessories: SU Card - Basic Black, Whisper White; Gold Foil Sheet; Circle Punches - 1" and ¾" ; Chevron Ribbon; Linen Thread

We changed the style of the sentiment, although everything else is pretty much as Monica did it.  I can see the card working in other colourways.  The next card is a complete contrast and is totally feminine and is a CASE of Fran Sabad's beautiful card:


Stamps: SU - Simple Stems, Post Card, Four You
Inks: SU - Basic Grey, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Wild Wasbi
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Tasteful Trim
Accessories: SU Card - Basic Grey, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White; Pink Pirouette Ribbon

I've not got the Post Card stamp, but it's so nice and I can see it being quite useful.  I changed the sentiment on my card to make it a more general card - will probably go to one of my friends in the UK.  Again, I can see this card working in different colours and even a masculine style using different stamps.

My next two cards feature the Starburst Sayings stamps, but they are are quite different.  The first is fun birthday card based on Heather's lovely card:


Stamps: SU - Starburst Sayings, Yippee Skippee, Remembering Your Birthday
Inks: SU - Primrose Petals, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Starburst Framelits
Accessories: SU Card - Whisper White, Primrose Petals; SU DP - Patio Party; Gems; Sm Heart Punch

I changed the background paper on my card from the cakes to the banners and I added a tiny jewelled heart too.  On the inside is a fun birthday greeting.  Again, I can see this layout working for lots of other colourways and also for masculine cards too.

The final card that we made was a little more complex being a fold-out card.  It is a CASE of LeeAnn Greff's card, LeeAnn has also provided a tutorial to follow:


Stamps: SU - Starburst Sayings, Timeless Talk, Geometrical
Inks: SU - Bermuda Bay; Stazon - Jet Black
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Starburst Framelits, Circles Framelits
Accessories: SU Card - Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Basic Black; SU DP - Brights, Neutrals, Kaleidoscope; Banner Punch; 1¼" Scalloped Circle Punch; White Twine

As with the other cards, I can see this one working in different colours too!  That's all for today.  I'm meeting up with a friend of mine for lunch and a long chat today - should be lots of fun!  See you soon.

signature

1 comment:

Stamps and Paper said...

Isn't it lovely to craft with others and chat...you've certainly made some fabulous cards

Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...