Sunday 31 August 2014

52CCT - Pick a previous ....

... Hi!  I told you on Friday that I wasn't quite back on schedule - well, that's the reason I'm very late with my card for this week's challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  Our hostess, Gill, would like you to pick a previous sketch and play along with us.  Here's the link to our sketch archive.  The one positive about making my card late for the challenge is that I got to use my new Waltzingmouse Christmas stamps, here's my card:

Christmas Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Tis the Season, Nutcracker Sweet; Winne & Walter - The Big, The Bold and Seasons
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Pear Pizzazz
Dies: Spellbinders - Petit Ovals Sm (S4-140) #4, Petit Scalloped Ovals Lg (S4-139) #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Real Red; Kasiercraft DP - Mistletoe; Gems


I used our sketch from May 2013 for my card.  I really like it and this card is quite different from the cards I made last year.  I wanted to let the sentiment be the focus of the card and use pretty design papers.  I made the base from Real Red card and cut a panel of this fab design paper to cover it, leaving a narrow border.  I cut out an oval of white card onto which I stamped the sentiment and snowflakes and layered it onto a red scalloped oval.  I cut a coordinating piece of DP for the strip across the middle and added some bold red gems.  On the inside I cut another piece of the poinsettia paper, layered on some white card leaving a big border and finished with a sentiment from the paper pack.

Christmas Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The rest of the team have made stunning cards to share with you - do pop over to our blog and leave them so love.  It's only 3½ months to Christmas, so now really is the time to join in with us and get a head start on your Christmas cards.  These are the cards I made in May 2013:

Christmas Bauble 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsChristmas Bauble 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsChristmas Bauble 3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I think you'll agree that the cards I made last time look totally different to the one I made this year!!

Before I go, I'm having a proud Mum moment!  I took Kathryn out yesterday to have her hair done - she's back at school next week - it looks super and I decided to take a few photos of my fabulous girl:

Kathryn 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

You can see the lovely cut and colours in this photo - she actually smiled too!!

Kathryn 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here Kathryn is looking more like a teen!  And she'll be a teen in 17 days!!!!  Eek!

That's all for today - sorry to be late with my DT card - but sometimes life gets in the way!  See you soon.

signature

8 comments:

Pauline said...

What a lovely cheerful card Deb, and your girl is growing up so quick!

Renee said...

Beautiful, Deborah!
Love the gorgeous papers!
And OMGosh...
I've got a teen just like this...
a smile?
It's as rare as finding a pot of gold! :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Deborah. The patterned paper is such fun, and I love how you've made the greeting the focus of the card. Well worth the wait.

The photos of your daughter are beautiful. You must be a proud mum indeed.

Hugs, Gill xx

Ruth M said...

What a bright and cheery card Deborah - and SO different to your cards from before made with that same layout! That beautiful paper is just a riot of Christmas loveliness and I want some NOW! That sentiment is gorgeous too and I really like that you made it the focal point!

You have a gorgeous girl and at least you captured a beautiful smile to remind you what it looks like when she's being more of a "teen"!
Ruth x

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this bright festive card Deborah and you're right, it's very different from last time you used the sketch!

Welcome back by the way! It's been lovely following your adventures on holiday and it sounds as if you had a fantastic time. Your photos of your gorgeous daughter are beautiful and what a great hair cut!

Vicky x

Peanut said...

WOW! This card is an explosion of festive colours and flowers. So bright, bold and bursting with good cheer.
Love it.
hugs, Asha

Fabiola said...

elle est joyeuse et pétillante, une explosion de couleurs, biz

Jacqueline said...

What beautiful photos you take Deborah - Katherine looks stunning. Your card is pretty spectacular too! - Jacqueline xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...