Monday 15 September 2014

WMS PJP - last card ....

....  Good afternoon!  I'm back with another card for the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party!  Yes, I know I said that yesterday's card was the last one, but I got chance to play in my craft room this morning and have just one more for you:

Believe - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Vintage Ornaments, Twas the Night Before Christmas, Tis the Season
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Strawberry Slush; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Spellbinders - 2010 Heirloom Ornaments (S4-283) #4, Ovals Sm (S4-112) #3
Accessories:  White Lustre Card; SU Card - Strawberry Slush, Basic Black; White Embossing Powder; Ribbon; SU Marker Pens - Real Red, Black; Signo White Gel Pen


I combined a couple of Claire's challenges - No 1 Doodle Do and No 3 Old Pajamas - this actually means doodling on a stamped image and using an older set of Waltzingmouse Christmas stamps.  I decided to use the solid image from Vintage Ornaments.  I stamped it in Strawberry Slush and cut it out with the co-ordinating Spellbinder die.  Then I added some doodles to the panels using marker pens.  I die cut a panel of white cut, stamped the oval ray pattern using the 3rd generation image and then stamped the sentiment and attached it to the ornament with dimensional tape.  I made the background panel by stamping the oval ray patten in Versamark and heat embossed with white powder.  I layered the background onto pink card and adhered it to the card base.  I finished the front with a simple ribbon.  On the inside I cut a panel of black card for the mat and on the white panel stamped a bold, simple sentiment in Strawberry Slush.

Believe - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Now - that really is my last card for the PJ Party!  I'm going to make a cup of coffee and sit down to check out all the submissions.   But before I go, I told you that we'd were away for the weekend in Holland, Michigan.  Below are some (of the many) photos that I took on Saturday when we were in Grand Haven and Muskegon.

Grand Haven & Muskegon 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Kathryn - she was messing around on this rock and I managed to get a photo of her.  Kathryn used to love having her photo taken, but over the last year she's become less keen!!!  So I was pleased to get this one.  Taken in Grand Haven.

Grand Haven & Muskegon 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The lighthouse in Grand Haven.  Love the bold red colour.  It was a lovely afternoon.  Jonathan and I both walked to the red house at the end of the pier.

Grand Haven & Muskegon 3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

It was a bit windy at the end of the pier, so I decided to try and catch the waves crashing against the walk.  And I did!!!!  Fortunately I didn't get wet.

Grand Haven & Muskegon 4 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

On our drive to Muskegon we came across a Veteran's Memorial Park in the middle of the road!  It was so beautiful that we decided to stop and look around.  I found this cross as we walked around.  It was really peaceful.

Grand Haven & Muskegon 5 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Finally a photo taken at the Farmers' Market in Grand Haven.  It was a fabulous market full of fresh produce and flowers.  Love chillies and tomatoes - I bought some to make salsa!! That's it - see you soon.

signature

9 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love that striking background Deborah! Looks like you are having a lovely time away - great pics!

Lynn Mercurio said...

I think we were both loving the ornaments for this PJ party. What a fun background those "bursts" make. Love how they look white embossed on the dark background. Terrific card, Deborah! I'm glad you could join us for the WMS PJ Party.

Deepti said...

Awesome design! the bold white looks great on that dark BG, great pics too :)

Sarah G said...

Fabulous card, Deborah! Love that you doodled on the ornament - such a great idea. It looks great against the starburst background. Great photos of your trip too :)

Unknown said...

Super doodling Deborah, I'll be pulling all my solid stamps out and revamping them like this! Love your photos also, they are stunning! the crashing wave, wow!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a stunning background to showcase that beautiful ornament Deb!! What a beauty!! And I have to say, your photographs are STUNNING too! WOW have you got an eye! I was born in Grand Rapinds, MI, and have many fond memories of that area. My daughter's best friends in college are actually from Holland, MI. So it was fun to see your pics!!

Kary said...

Your card is Beautiful, Deborah!!! And thanks for sharing your wonderful photos. They are Gorgeous!!

-Aneta- said...

Such a great card Deborah! Your beautiful background just rocks! btw you are right... outcome of my mini just surprised me A LOT ...very positive, but what could I expected from WMS...pure perfection like always when I stamping with them :) xoxo

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous photos and I love your stunning card. That ornament has always been a favorite of mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...