Tuesday 7 October 2014

ASM - Anything Goes ....

.... Good evening!  It's time for our new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More!  This week is the ever popular Anything Goes.  Our sponsor this week is Rick St Dennis - who draws the most amazing images, ranging from cute through to quite scary!  The winner of this week's challenge will get three digis.  I've used a couple of Rick's images on my cards.

Halloween Turtle - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Halloween Turtle; Impression Obsession - Is The Moon Out Tonight?
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Perfect Plum
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Squares #5 & #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Lucky Limeade; Copic Markers ; Wink of Stella Brushes - Clear, Green

I love this turtle, he's not too cute, but not too scary either, and he's a joy to colour.  I used the techniques I've been learning at the Online Card Class - Copic Colouring do the image.  I cut the image and mat layer out with square dies.  I used Copic markers to colour the mat layer so that it would match the image.  I didn't think the front needed a sentiment, so added that to the inside.

Halloween Turtle inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I made another Halloween card - and I think that I probably have enough for this year!

Phineus Pucker - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Phineus Pucker; Impression Obsession - Is The Moon Out Tonight? Stampendous - Halloween Diamonds
Inks: SU - Lost Lagoon, Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Graphic 45 DP - Steampunk Spells; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella Brushes


I decided to make him a zombie!  I coloured him with Copic markers and cut him out.  I cut a panel of design paper to go down the side of the card and added a verse on the front.  On the inside I cut a mat of design paper, I edged the white panel with orange and stamped a few spiders and a simple sentiment!

Phineus Pucker inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration, check out the cards from the rest of the Design Team.  That's all for today - see you soon!

signature

11 comments:

Loll said...

Two fun Halloween cards Deborah. Love how you've done that background for your first card ... didn't think it was possible to make a copics background --- so cool! And love the fun paper used with your second card ... perfect match for the image and sentiment. Loll xx

Rahmat said...

Nice cards Deborah, I like the words on both your cards, and your coloring is fantastic! I am your latest blog buddy :)

sandie said...

Wow Deborah your colouring is fantastic and great way to showcase these digis x

Julie B said...

Love these Deborah, as you say not too cute and not too scary. Great idea to use your Copics for a background panel. :)

Sue said...

Two fun cards, fab colouring and background!

cm said...

Wow - some super cool images, that you've dressed up wonderfully!
~c

Katie Melhus said...

Wow these are both great - love what you did with both of those over the top images!!

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous cards, Deborah! Beautiful Copic coloring, and I love how you colored your frame on the first one! Great choice of images, too!

Neets B said...

These are fab. Great idea to continue with your copics to colour the background to match your image. Lovely colour choices on both of these too x

Wei Wei said...

These card are so fun and great! Love the coloring!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah, great set of Halloween cards. The turtle one is my fav, outstanding colouring on that one, love it! Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...