Monday 20 October 2014

Happy Holidays - scary ....

... Good morning!  I hope you all had a super weekend - mine was fab!!  I was able to spend lots of time in my craft room and I also managed to edit quite a lot of the outstanding photos!!  Today's card is a bit off the wall.  Rick St Dennis, who draws the most amazing images, is having a Design Team call for his Facebook group as well as for his blog DT.  You have to create two projects using his images - one cute (done yesterday) and one darker.  I think this one is much darker:

Happy Holidays - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Creepmas Tree; My Favourite Things - Christmas Banner Builder; WMS - Warm Fuzzies, Frosty in the Meadow
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Shaded Lilac, Evergreen Bough, Tumbled Glass, Broken China; Stampin' Up! - Smoky Slate
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Wisteria Wonder; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella Brushes; Clear Embossing Powder


I printed the tree on white card and coloured it with Copic markers.  I fussy cut it out and lightly added a touch of Tumbled Glass to make the tree blend with the card background.  I created the background by stamping the large snowflake in grey, and the smaller ones in Versamark and heat embossing with clear powder.  Then I blended the distress inks which revealed the snowflakes (I love this technique).  I adhered the Creepmas Tree directly to the card and finished with a simple sentiment.  The inside has a mat layer of lilac card and a white panel, left blank for my message.  I'm submitting this card to A Step in the Dark Challenge - ASID#12 - Anything Goes. 

I think this is a very particular holiday card, but I've a good idea who it will be going to!!  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Brilliant use og this creepy image deborah, aren't Rick's images the best?? So much detail, I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...