Monday 27 October 2014

Owl Eyes on You ....

....  Good afternoon!  It's absolutely gorgeous here today.  It started off a bit cool, but the sun has come out and it's 18°C (65°F) at the moment; the weather man said it could reach 20°C (70°F) later this afternoon.  I've been out taking some autumn photos - more of them later.  I've a fun birthday card to share with you today:

Owl Eyes on You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Impression Obsession - Owl Be Thankful, What a Hoot!; Stampin' Up! - Endless Birthday Wishes
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Kaleidacolour - Luau
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Copic Markers


I'm submitting this one to Inkspirational - INK#68 where they have a photo inspiration challenge - sweet coloured owls!  How could I resist?  I think I've mentioned before that I just love owls.  I decided to make a card with lots of cute owls in fantasy colours.  I placed the largest owl in the centre of the card, added other around and stamped them with Memento ink.  I had lots of fun colouring.  I didn't want the colours to be too bright, so I coloured all the owls (except the blue one) in shades of brown and then added the bright colours over the top.  I like that lighter Copic colours push most of the brown out, but leave enough brown to stop the colours being too bright.  I added some leaves around the edge and stamped a couple of sentiments.  Inside I cut a mat layer in black and stamped a multicoloured owl and birthday sentiment on the white panel.

Owl Eyes on You inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here are some of the photos I took earlier today - the sun really makes the trees look like they're on fire.  The reds, oranges, golds and browns are just fantastic.  Our street looks so pretty.

Autumn Glory 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Autumn Glory 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Autumn Glory 3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I played about with this photo.  I removed most of the colour, just allowing the reds to shine out.  You can see on the branch right at the front, that the leaves are dropping!

I've been busy in my craft room this weekend - not making cards, just tidying up and putting away stamps and papers that I've allowed to accumulate on the floor!  And to make my day complete, Mr Brown has just arrived with my Stampin' Up! order - some bits and pieces from the special Christmas supplement.  Off to play now :)  See you soon.

signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun card Deborah! Your owls are fantastic. With your placement and coloring it looks like a patterned paper that you would buy. Great use of color!

Also, your street IS gorgeous! I love trees and I cannot believe how perfectly yours are turning. Makes me want to go to Michigan! I think your cooler weather must make for a more dramatic fall season. I am in Texas. Our weather stays so warm that we never see a dramatic change like that. I am jealous! =) Great photos and a great card. We always love having you play with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

sandie said...

what a cool way to colour and it sure does look fabulous. Your street looks amazing and that last photo is so clever and eye catching. Thanks for playing along at Ink x

Jeanne J. said...

OMG! I love love love all those fun owls and all the color you packed into your design.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...