Thursday 4 December 2014

AC - Creepmas tag ...

....  Hello!!!  I've been having lots of fun making Creepmas projects - and have lots more scheduled for the challenge.  But this is an extra!  A couple of months ago I did a class with Valerie Brinkcheck where we were learning various techniques using Tim Holtz's distress inks.  We left the class with a pile of tags ready for use.  I used one of them to make this Creepmas Tag:

Creepmas Tag - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Monster Candleholder; Winnie & Walter - Winter Wonderland
Inks: Distress - various; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Manilla Tag; Ribbon Fibres; Copic Markers; Embossing Folder; Wink of Stella

You can get this fun guy at Rick's Zibbet shop.  I printed this guy onto white card and coloured him with Copic markers.  Initially I was going to make him green, but I decided to go for orange as a bold contrast to the greens on the tag.  Once coloured, I fussy cut him out, went round the edges with a black marker, added a layer of sparkle with Wink of Stella and then adhered him to the tag.  I stamped the sentiment onto white card, cut it in half and drew a border by hand.  I finished the front with a cardinal bird - generously covered with sparkle.  The reverse of the tag is a little more Christmas oriented!!  I stamped a winter wonderland scene.  Here's a close up of the little monster with all his sparkle.


It's fun combining elements of Halloween with Christmas for the Creepmas look - it's a good thing I have several friends and most of my family who share my sense of humour :)  That's all for now.

signature

2 comments:

Diane said...

Very fun and colorful design Deborah.

Hugs diane

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous background and your coloring is so pretty and bright! love this! xxD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...