Saturday 13 December 2014

Creepmas Day 7 ....

.... Hi!!  I'm back again!!  It's Day 7 of the Smeared & Smudged 12 Days of Creepmas.  I was browsing challenges this morning and saw that this week's Just Us Girls challenge - JUGS#271 is to feature mixed media.  Now that was really lucky as my submission for Creepmas Day 7 is a mixed media tag:

Skully Tag Day 7 Creepmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Smeared Ink/Teri Sherman Digi - Skully Pendant; Winnie & Walter - Winter Wonderland
Inks: Distress - Various; Archival - Various;
Accessories: Many and various - ribbons; metal tag; deer die cut; pine branch die cut; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - clear


I made some of this tag at a craft class last year - the front of the tag with the background, metal tag and die cut deer.  I didn't know what to do with it last year, but decided it would made a great place for me to hang the Skully Pendant image.  I printed the skull on white card, coloured with Copic markers and added sparkle with my clear Wink of Stella brush.  I made the back of the tag last night.  I used several Distress Ink Stains to create some splats, then covered that with the brass stain.  Next I stamped a number of different images around the edge and finished with a deer in silhouette, a place to write a message and some wonderful ribbons.

Skully Pendant detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSkully Pendant reverse - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here's a close up of Skully Pendant - I really like the image, it's clean and simple and such fun to colour!

Here's a link to all the ladies taking part in the 12 Days of Creepmas - do check out their work - it is fantastic!

 photo JollyBlogger2014_zpse7278384.jpg
Terra- Hop Hostess
Black Dragon
Maureen
Teresa
Julia
Sue The Nanny
Jane
Susan
Nan
Shell
Kim
Monique
Airless Chambers
Keren
Sarah
Leigh
Lisa
Lady Brayton

I wasn't sure that I'd posting anything today - we're a sick Family Frings at the moment.  I had Kathryn home from school yesterday (the first time in about 5 years) with a high temp, bad cough and running nose.  Not only was Kathryn unwell, but so am I.  I think it's the same thing, only not quite so bad - head feels like it's full of cotton wool, sore throat and bad cough.  As we're not going out at all today - I'm going to play in my craft room.  That's all for now - see you soon.

signature

5 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous tag, both back and front. Love how you've hung the skully ornament from the branch. Beautiful! Sorry I'm just catching up with you. Fabulous work! xxD

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fantastic tag Deborah--took me totally by surprise!

Monique's art said...

wow awesome tag

Nancy said...

Love your tag! I think your background is amazing! Thrilled you played along with us at Just Us Girls in the middle of the Holiday Season...we sure do appreciate it!

Maria said...

Great tag! Love all the mixed media on it, looks great! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...