Tuesday 13 January 2015

Cannot Espresso ....

.... Good morning!  I'm going to keep this short and sweet as the deadline for My Favourite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge - MFTWSC#210 is fast approaching.  One of my favourite drinks is coffee and I treated myself to some new dies and stamps - here's my card:

Espresso Much - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: MFT - Perk Up
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Cherry Cobbler, Baked Brown Sugar
Dies: Die-namics - Coffee Cup, Fishtail Flags Layers Stax #3; Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Cherry Cobbler; Teresa Collins DP - Far and Away; Wink of Stella - Clear; SU Marker - Cherry Cobbler


I think the papers are perfect - like a nice latte!  I cut a coffee cup from white card and the holder from red card, adding the dotty star to echo the paper.  I used the fishtail dies to cut the banner, edged it with a red marker and stamped the sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of red card and stamped a simple coffee cup on the white panel - there a big space for a message from me.  I added a touch of sparkle to the cup holder - see on the detail photo.

Espresso Much inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsEspresso Much detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

It's a beautiful day here in Northville - bright blue skies and lots of sunshine - so much brighter than yesterday.  The downside to that is that the temperature is only -14°C (6°F)!!!  Still, I'm much rather it cold than actually snowing.  That's all for now.

Edited to add:  It seems I'm not the only one to use a coffee theme on my card - I've appear to have CASEd Erin, Cammy and Shemaine!!  Great minds think alike :)

signature

2 comments:

sandie said...

Fab colours for a coffee card, the red really pops x

Susan R. Opel said...

Love stars. Love coffee. Love polka dots. And love this die just like Erin, Cammy, and Shemaine. HA! Very cute card, Deborah! Thanks for playing along with the MFT Challenge & Inspiration Blog. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...