Friday 23 January 2015

USC - Love and Friendship II ...

...  Good morning all!  Having a day off on Monday (for Martin Luther King Jr Day) has really thrown my week, not only was I late yesterday, but today too!!  Hey ho!  It's time for a reminder about our challenge at Uniko Studio - USC#17 where we have the theme of

LOVE & FRIENDSHIP

Last week I made an anniversary card, always needed in my stash, and this week I've a simple card for a friend:

Friend - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - English Country Gardens: Butterflies, All Occasion Sentiments #3
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Chocolate Chip; Memento - Rich Cocoa
Dies: Memory Box - Cross Stitched Frame Borders #7
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake; Copic Markers; Vellum; Clear Embossing Powder; Wink of Stella - Clear


There are lots of challenges around blogland at the moment with the theme of friend - weird how that happens, but fun as it means I can link this card up with the following challenges:
I made the card base from a sheet of crumb cake card.  I used the Memory Box dies to cut a white panel for the front and inside of the card - I love the cross stitch detail.  I used my Fiskars Stamp Press to stamp the butterfly and sentiment on the white panel.  I stamped the butterfly again onto scrap white card and vellum, and used clear embossing powder on the vellum image.  I used Copic markers to colour both images, fussy cut them out and then added sparkle to the top of the image on the card and to the underneath of the vellum image, then I adhered the layered down the length of the body.  Once dry I curled the vellum wings to give some dimension and adhered the butterfly to the card base over the stamped image.  I finished the card by stamping a little butterfly on the panel inside the card.  I also took a photo to show the dimension and sparkle on the butterfly.

Friend inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsFriend sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Friend detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

You still have plenty of time to join in with the Uniko Studio challenge - deadline is Friday 30th January, 8.00am GMT (3.00am EDT).  You don't have to use Uniko stamps to play along, but if you do and could win a £10 voucher to use in our store.  Do pop over to the Uniko Studio blog to see more inspiration from the team and our guest designers, Lucy, Lynn and Kitty.

By the way, I've a film recommendation for you.  I was out with friends last night and we went to see Wild, starring Reece Witherspoon (Oscar nominated).  It's about a woman who has lost her mum, got divorced and lost hope.  She starts to hike the Pacific Crest Trial - 1,100 miles.  It's a fantastic film based on the true story of Cheryl Strayed.  Well worth a visit.  And that's all for now.  Have fun crafting - see you soon.

signature

24 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh this is sooooo beautiful!! I love how it looks like it's going to fly off the card!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous butterfly Deborah--swoon!

Gillian R said...

So pretty and delicate Deborah. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

sandie said...

Stunning Deborah, love the ise of vellum. I haven't seen Wild but thank you for the recommendation x

Creative Heart Designs said...

Deborah...your card is so pretty. Your dimensional vellum butterfly is just gorgeous and the cross-stitch detail does really add to the background.

My Card Blog: Creative Heart Designs

OH Babs said...

Great card Deborah. I love the die cut frame and the colors in your butterfly are soft and colored so well.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super stunning Deborah and love your choice of colours and all the dimension to the butterfly!
Thanks for playing along at less is more too.
Sarah xx

Sid said...

Wonderful 3D butterfly design Deborah !!

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous! This really has me thinking..... I love the delicate layered look and the soft colours. So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Sharron said...

Absolutely beautiful--that butterfly looks so realistic and the colors are stunning!

Anonymous said...

This is a elegantly beautiful! Love it!

Kylie said...

wow, Deb. LOOOOOOOOVE this card. It is so beautiful with the vellum overlay. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Craft-E-Place said...

This is stunning! The use of vellum is inspired and the choice of soft colours is brilliant! I just love everything about your card.
Elaine

Chrissie said...

This is such a delicate butterfly Deborah... just super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sarah G said...

This is a beautiful, elegant card Deborah! Love the vellum butterfly and that cross stitch border die - I haven't seen that before. Great design :)

Anne said...

Deb what beautiful colours, such a gorgeous creation, CAS and stylish
Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Less is More
Anne
Less is More

Beverley said...

Stunning! Love the colours and dimension :) Hugs Bev x

Jen W. said...

This is GORGEOUS, Deborah! Love the dimension and softness that the vellum gives to your butterfly! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Total piece or art!!!!!!!! Lovely wings!!! Thanks for joining in this week at the friend cue at CASology - So glad that you did!!!

Karen M said...

This is truly beautiful, Deborah. Simple but effective, as my mum always says! Very easy on the eye Kx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Deborah, this is SWOON worthy!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at the ColourQ!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I wanted to come over for a visit. Your butterfly is stunning! Just gorgeous - love how you embossed it on vellum! Looks like it could fly off the card! I'm going to try your technique! Have a great day!

Sylvia said...

Very pretty, Deborah, your butterfly is lovely! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous work! I love that butterfly~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...