Monday 9 March 2015

Flowers for Mum ....

....  Good morning!  It's absolutely beautiful here today - the sun is shining and I can hear birds singing.  Our clocks went forward at the weekend and it was so nice to have a light evening yesterday - I forgot it was almost 7.30pm - it was light!!!!

This morning I've a clean, simple and pretty card to share with you.  I've used the colours from this week's Paper Players challenge - PP#235 - they are so pretty and perfect for my flowery card:

Wonderful Mother - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - You're Wonderful
Inks: SU - Crumb Cake
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


It's Mother's Day in the UK on Sunday, and I only remembered (well was reminded) yesterday.  This card is for my Mum, and I'm safe sharing it here now as Mum doesn't do computers!!  This card, and my mother-in-law's (check back on Wednesday for that one), are both in the post and I'm hoping that they'll get to the UK in time.

This card came together really quickly.  I stamped the big sentiment in the centre of the card.  I stamped the flowers onto scrap white card and coloured them with Copic markers.  I left the smaller flowers as they stamped and simply cut round them and adhered them to the card.  The larger flower stamp was the wrong shape for my card, so I cut it into pieces and adhered to the card in the position I wanted!  On the inside I cut a mat layer of kraft card and stamped some more flowers on the white panel.  I left a space for my message.

Wonderful Mother inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsWonderful Mother Sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I added some sparkle to the flowers on the front of the card with clear Wink of Stella - I love the subtle effect you get with these pens.

Wonderful Mother detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I drove into Northville this morning to get this card into the post.  It was a lovely journey today - bright, clear and I could actually see patches of grass appearing on the side of the road.  At the moment, it's a bit brown, but it won't be long before it's all green.  I love spring!  That's all for now - have a great day.

signature

2 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Deborah, your card is lovely inside and out! Such a beautiful stamp set and you've colored it so well. Love the bit of sparkle, too. You had to drive somewhere to get this card posted? We feel so honored! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Shannon Jaramillo said...

Such a pretty use of the color combination! I love that stamp set and you have colored it so nicely! I love how you altered the grouping to make it work for your card...I hope it makes it to your mum in time! Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...