Wednesday 25 March 2015

SNG - Life is a Carnival ....

....  Morning!  It's rather dull, grey and wet here this morning - very miserable outside, but we need the rain!  I was going through various challenges that get posted this morning and I suddenly realised that I hadn't done my post for today.  This morning's card is bold, bright and lots of fun - a complete contrast to the dull grey outside my window:

Carnival - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Euro Clown TrOuPe; The Craft's Meow - Life is a Carnival
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Grey Flannel
Dies: Die-namics - In & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangles #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Strawberry Slush; Cosmo Cricket - Delovely; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


Rick has a wonderful collection of Euro style images, and I absolutely love this image of Euro Clowns.  I think they look a bit startled and a bit wide eyed, but they are really fun to colour.  You can find this image, and many more, at Rick's Zibbet and Esty shops.  I printed the image twice as I wanted to create a little depth by layering the two smaller clowns.  I used Copic markers to colour, cut the images out with a scalpel and then adhered the two smaller guys on top!  There's only a bit of dimension, but it's enough.  I added lots of sparkle to the image with my Wink of Stella brush - and you can actually see it in the photo.  I used the layout from this week's Retro Sketches - RS#157 challenge.  I found this wonderful rainbow striped paper (reminds me of barcodes) in my stash and used it to cover the card.  I die cut a panel of white card with my new die (love the diagonal stitched effect), adhered it to the card and then added my clown troupe.  I finished the front with this fun, bold sentiment - seemed entirely appropriate.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of bright pink card and on the white panel stamped another carnival image and sentiment - lots of space for a message too.

Carnival inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCarnival sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I told you yesterday that I'd had my hair cut.  Well Jonathan got home last night - he'd not had any advance warning that this was happening - we hugged, kissed, chatted and generally caught up with how his day had gone.  I was smiling at him and just said "So?"  Jonathan's face was a picture, he says "You've had your hair cut?", and yes, it was a question.  I think I could have gone for green hair and he still wouldn't notice!!  Love him very much.  That's all for now - I think I'm going into my craft room, certainly not venturing outside today - it's absolutely pouring!!!  See you soon.

Edited to add:  If you're a fan of Rick's work I thought I'd let you know that we have a DT Call on at the moment.  We are looking for a number of enthusiastic and creative folk to promote Rick's art on Facebook.  Full details can be found here.

signature

3 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

What a fun and colorful creation, Deborah! Those little clowns are priceless!

Greta said...

So bright & beautiful--love this card! Men are funny--for sure!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a FABULOUS card!! Love LOVE the bold fun colors... and that image is so unique. And what a great finish on the inside.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...