Thursday 23 April 2015

AC - Too Late to Negotiate? ...

.....  Good morning!  For some reason I haven't had chance to get into my craft room this week - I can't even blame housework!  And I'm running a bit late with this post too. 

Today's project is not cute and cuddly, in fact it's a bit creepy and possibly downright scary!  I've made a Creepmas Tag.  What's Creepmas?  Well, in recent years many retailers have put out Christmas products silly early.  I remember seeing Christmas cards on sale in the UK as early as August!!!!  Duh!  And here in the States, many stores had removed all their Halloween products by mid-October, way before Halloween and replaced them with Christmas stuff.  So as a friendly response to Christmas creeping into Halloween, various groups decided to put Halloween into Christmas - hence CREEPMAS!!!  The annual 13 Days of Creepmas starts on 1st December and allows those of us with a warped sense of fun to play!!!  I was playing yesterday and came up with this tag, it's somewhat early this year :) :)

Too Late - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Early Thaw; Dylusions - Christmas Words; Winnie & Walter - Winter Wonderland
Inks: Archival - Jet Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Manilla Tag; Distress Stains - various; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; Ribbon

Last year I went to a really fun class with Valerie Brinchick to play with Distress products - inks, stains and paints.  We tried all types of techniques on tags and as a consequence I have quite of lot of half finished tags.   I used the colours in the tag for inspiration to colour this very scary snowman.  I printed it on white card and coloured with Copic markers and carefully cut it out with a scalpel.  As the colours are similar to those on the tag, I layered the image on black card.  I stamped some fir branches and pine cones in archival ink on the tag and then adhered the snowman with dimensional gel.  I finished the front with a fun sentiment which I stamped on vellum.  I created a tag for the back - using Distress stains and more stamps.  Finally I added a black ribbon and tied on some purple sparkly thread. 

Too Late Reverse - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsToo Late Tag - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

If, like me, you have a slightly twisted (but still fun) take on Christmas or you simply love Halloween and all the associated images, you'll find this snowman and many more Creepmas images at Rick's online stores - Zibbet and Esty.  Of course, if you don't like creepy and scary, Rick also has a fabulous selection of cute, fun and elegant images.

Looking out of my office window I can see blue skies and sunshine, a marked contrast to the snow - yes, I said SNOW - that we had yesterday.  It might look lovely, but it's absolutely freezing!  I was told when we moved here, that if you didn't like the weather to"wait five minutes and it'll change!".  They were right!  That's it for now.  Have a good day - see you soon.

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...