Thursday 30 April 2015

SNG - Clowning around ...

.... Good morning all!  I've a very clean, simple card to share with you today.  It's my turn to post a project at Sparkle and Glitter where Rick's EDT share work using his digital art.  I took my inspiration from the French Clown image I've used as well as a couple of challenges.  Over at Less is More - LIM#221 it's recipe week and the team would like us to add a tag to our project, and at Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#62 they have cue words of Black, White and Gold.

Skip - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - French Clown 2012; Dylusions - Clearly The Right Words; Kaisercraft - On Stage
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Encore - Gold
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Tags #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Black; Wink of Stella - Clear, Gold; Gold Mirri Card; Ribbons


I printed this perriot type clown on white paper and decided to keep it really simple.  You can find this image at Rick's Zibbet store, where he has a huge collection of clowns.  I added gold to his patterned sleeve, sock, a shoe, the roses and trims, and I used a gold Wink of Stella.  I covered the rest of his costume with a clear Wink of Stella brush - the image really shimmers.  I added a tiny touch of red to his lips (I hope the ATCAS team don't mind).  I die cut a black tag with a faux stitched border and edged the tag hole with some gold card.  I adhered the image flat to the tag and added some black, gold and white ribbons.  I attached the tag to the card with dimensional tape.  I finished the front with a simple, but fun sentiment stamped in gold and black.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card and stamped some musical notes on the white card.

Skip Q - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSkip Inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

You can't see the sparkle and shimmer that you get with Wink of Stella brushes (and I think they are my favourite embellishment) in photos that are in focus.  So I've taken a close-up of the clown showing just how much he sparkles:


I love this effect - and what's even better is that the sparkle don't fall off and end up all over the floor, on my hands and face or even in the food!!  I'm still finding bits of the frantage that I used earlier this week all over the house!!   After I made the card I realised that it was looking a bit bland, so I added a simple hand drawn border that you see above - this is what it was before:


That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

11 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Loving your sparkly clown Debs and what a fun sentiment too. Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

What a fun card-your little clown is lovely and that sentiment is just so true!
Best wishes,Nessa xx

laurie said...

Love that clown image!Such a cute card!

Pauline said...

Love it Deb!

Neets B said...

The sparkly clown looks great mounted on the black tag. Loving your doodle frame too.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More GD

Anne said...

What a fun tag ad I love that sentiment Deborah!
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
Less is More

Loli said...

Hola Debs, thank you for your comment.
Oh Debs this perriot is fabulous, the three colour on your image is fantastic and the sentiment is perfect ;D.
A warm hug from Palma

Julia Aston said...

Hi Deborah! what a great clown image! love your tag card with your doodled edging!

Anita in France said...

What a fun sparkly clown, Deborah ... lovely detailing on the tag and such a brilliant sentiment ... so true! Anita :)

Chrissie said...

This is just the cutest clown Deborah, he looks great on this tag too!
Super card!
Thank so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Deepti said...

I like the sparkling gold u added on him :) fab card! Thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...