Friday 17 April 2015

USC - Things with Wings ....

.... Good morning!  It's time for our new challenge at Uniko Studio and for the next couple of weeks we'd like to see your project with our theme of:
THINGS WITH WINGS
Beverley has some wonderful stamp sets featuring things with wings and I've gone for a light, bright butterfly card:

The Best - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - Bright Butterflies, English Country Garden Butterflies; Background Builders Round in Circles
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Bermuda Bay; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Grey Flannel
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Bermuda Bay; Vellum; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Staedtler Ergo Soft Pencils; Wink of Stella - Clear



I used a couple of challenges in the making of this card.  I CASEd Michele's beautiful card at MUSE - MUSE#113 and I used the colours from this week's Colour Q - cQc#287 - my pop of colour teal.  I was going to make this a one-layer card with the butterfly stamped directly on the card, but decided that it would be much better to have a dimensional butterfly.  I stamped the image in Versafine on vellum and heat embossed with clear powder.  I coloured the reverse of the image with Copic markers and pencils.  Once cut out, I added lots of sparkle to the top of the image - in real-life this really shimmers when the sun shines on it.  I used a selection of stamps from the Round in Circles to create the background and added a simple sentiment at the top. 
The Best first - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems
The image you see above is slightly different to the one on Uniko Studio's blog (see left).  After I loaded my image to Uniko Studio, I thought it wasn't quite finished.  I added a line of linked circles stamped in black, it seemed to balance the card better.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper and stamped some decoration on the white panel, but left space for my message.

Looking at my photos - this card appears to be slightly wonky - it's actually straight!!  Must check out my photography skills :)

The Best inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsThe Best sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

You can't see the sparkle on the butterfly's wings, so I've taken an out-of-focus photo as this seems to show the shimmer:

The Best detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do drop by the blog and check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the team and also from our Guest Designers - Michelle and Elaine.  You've got plenty of time to play along - deadline for submission is Friday 1st May, 8.00am BST (3.00am EDT).  Have fun!!!

signature

19 comments:

sandie said...

What a great mix of stamps for the background-it is kind of grungy and I do like when grunge is mixed with delicate images x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super stunning Deborah and I love your colour choices. Simply gorgeous. Love it. Sarah x

Marlena M. said...

This is GORGEOUS Deborah :)

maria f. said...

Love the mix of graphic images subtly in the BG with the natural flutterby. Hope Spring is slowly awakening in good ole MI!

cm said...

You've caused a grand bout of swooning with this stunning card...love it!
Hugs~c

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Deborah, love your design and pop of color! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

Beverley said...

Do I spot a new trend? Loving the graphic background against the soft pretty butterfly. Plus you've used my fave colours too :) Hugs Bev x

Ardyth said...

I love that you have to make an effort to take an out-of-focus shot - for me it comes very naturally! lol! Love the shimmer and dimension. So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Deborah!

Jenni's Jems said...

This is really beautiful !!x

Carole said...

love your butterfly card FAB x

Sarah G said...

This is gorgeous, Deborah! Love the collage stamping in the background - works wonderfully with that butterfly :)

Claire said...

You've completely nailed those background stamps Deborah - they kind of give the card a grungy edge...perfect for the pretty butterfly! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Deborah!!! I love this butterfly and how you've colored him - almost looks like sheet music! I do love it when you play cards with us at Muse!
=] Michele

Loli said...

Hola Debora, gorgeous card, i like your background design and this sparkle butterfly is beautiful. Very fresh look, i like it!
Hugs from Palma

Barb Ghig said...

Stunning card, Deborah! I love all the elements you chose for your background and the shimmer on the butterfly is the perfect touch! Fabulous take on Michelle's card!

Immi said...

Very pretty mix of images!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Nicki S said...

So pretty Deborah!! LOVE that little collage you created in the background! I might have to CASE that sometime ;) The butterfly is gorgeous too.

Suzi B said...

Hi Deborah, I've just seen this on Pinterest and I love it.!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...