Monday 25 May 2015

Mixed media ...

....  Good afternoon.  I hope that everyone has had a good holiday weekend.  We've had a super time.  I picked up my new car on Saturday - it took a while, but was worth it.  On Sunday we all went to a photo shoot with two ballet dancers - it was such fun and I'll get the photos up soon.  And today, while Kathryn has been out with a friend, Jonathan and I went to the cinema this morning to see Mad Max and this afternoon I got to play in my craft room.

At the beginning of March I went to a craft class with the wonderful Dyan Reaveley and learnt lots of techniques using her Dylusions sprays.  I left the class with an art journal that I started and several loose sheets that had backgrounds ready for further work.  This afternoon I finished my first art journal page - was such fun:

Naughty list - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - I Love My Prezzies; Dylusions - Christmas Words; Waltzingmouse - Festive Foliage
Inks: Archival - Jet Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Dylusions Sprays; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; Crafter's Companion Spray 'n' Sparkle - Iridescent; Stencils - various

I was browsing through Rick St Dennis's Zibbet shop this morning and found some super new digital images and I was fully intending to colour them in this afternoon, but I stumbled across this lovely lady already in my stash of RSD digis!  How could I have missed her? 

The background was created using three shades of Dylusions spray and several different stencils.  I decorated the edge of the page with some solid black holly leaves as well as a number of outline leaves which I coloured with Copic marker.  I printed the image on white card and coloured her with Copic markers.  I wanted her to really stand out against the background, so I picked a soft pink for her dress, which I distressed with a light grey marker.  And then I had fun colouring the parcels at her feet - bold and bright and very scary too!  Here's a close up of the main image:

Naughty List details - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Dyan has created wonderful sentiment stamps - and I found all three on her Christmas words set - I think they are absolutely perfect for this naughty girl!!!  I stamped the sentiments on white card, coloured them with Copics and then cut them out and adhered them to the page.  I finished the page by lightly distressing the edges and adding some iridescent spray - which sadly doesn't show up on the photo.

If you're wondering about the images I picked to play with they are Dance Club Witch - a fun and funky young witch (and I'll be back with something featuring her tomorrow) and Zombie Holiday Showgirl - another somewhat quirky image, but I think she's fab!  I'll have a finished piece featuring the showgirl soon.

signature

2 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is absolutely hilarious! LOVE it!!!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my goodness Deborah...You have really outdone yourself here! The sentiment is too funny, your background is amazing, and I love all of your details! What a fun keepsake this is!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...