Wednesday 3 June 2015

SNG - Nuts about you ....

...  Good morning!  It's my turn to showcase one of Rick St Dennis's fabulous digital images on Sparkle and Glitter.  You all know that I'm rather fond of Rick's turtle images, and I had such fun yesterday evening colouring the Steampunk Turtle, here's my card:

Nuts about You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Steampunk Turtle
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kanban DP - Alchemy; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear, Silver; Memento Marker - Black

I printed the turtle on white card and coloured him with Copic markers.  I cut him out with a scalpel and ran a black marker around the image to get rid of any white edges.  Once cut out I added lots of sparkle using my silver and clear Wink of Stella brushes.  I used silver on the metal frame around his shell and clear over his shell and wings.  I covered the card with some steampunk themed paper that I've had in my stash for years!  I finished the front with a fun sentiment "I'm nuts about you!" - seem appropriate as he's held together with lots of nuts!    I coloured the sentiment bubble with grey and lime green to match his wings.  The sentiment was produced on my computer.  The inside has a mat layer of the design paper and a white panel on which to write my message.  I've also taken a close-up photo of the turtle showing all the lovely sparkle - it really helps that it's sunny now!

Nuts About You Detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsNuts About You inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Sorry I've been missing for a few days - I've been busy with various crafty things.  On Sunday I went to the second meeting of the Scrappy Chic Kitchen Roll Sprayers.  Most of us attended classes with Dyan Reaveley when she was over at the beginning of March and we wanted to continue to meet, learn new techniques and work on our journals.  It was such fun and I got really inky!

Yesterday was my birthday - so I got to go shopping - it was fab!  In the evening Jonathan and  Kathryn took me out to dinner at my favourite restaurant - Mitchell's Fish Market in Northville.  It was absolutely delicious and the perfect end to a lovely day.

I had so many wonderful birthday wishes on my Facebook page from and I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to write a message - they are all very much appreciated, thank you.  And that's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I love your steampunk turtle Deborah - what fab colouring. Glad you had a lovely birthday too - Jacqueline xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...