Thursday 3 September 2015

Thankful for You .....

.... Morning!  Bev from Uniko is sponsoring the new challenge over at Time Out Challenges and I've got a card to share with you.  The challenge at Time Out is "Make Your Mark" with a twist of monochrome if you want.  Well, I had to go with the monochrome look and here's my card:

Thankful - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Flower Power #5, Background Builders Squared
Inks: Kaleidacolour - Blue Breeze; Versamark
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Rectangles #1 and #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! DP - Pacific Point; Blue Satin Mirri Card; Staedtler Aquarell Pencils; Silver Embossing Powder


I used a couple of challenges in creating this card.  The layout is based on the sketch from this week's Just Us Girls Challenge - JUGS#308, although I did turn it to make it horizontal.  And BLUE is the cue word over at Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#71.

I started by masking off the sides of the card and stamped the background builder stamp repeatedly.  I used Kaleidacolour blues to give some variation in the colours.  I die cut a satin blue mat layer and on the white panel stamped a simple flower, embossed it with silver and coloured it with watercolour pencils.  I finished the front with a simple sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of blue design paper and added some more blue flowers to the white panel, leaving lots of space for my own message.

Thankful inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsThankful sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do check out the blog to see what the rest of the team have made.  Bye for now!

signature

10 comments:

sandie said...

I love how you went with the monochrome look and used the background builder stamp. So pleased you joined us x

Doni High said...

Great use of the color Blue...love that background builder stamp!
Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous monochromatic card, Deborah! I love the soft blues on your flowers and how beautifully you've finished the inside of this card...so perfect!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Nancy said...

Really love the colors you used on this card! Love the background stamp and the stitched panels! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge at Just Us Girls this week!

Beverley said...

Awesome Deborah! Love the tones of blue and the combination of Uniko stamps you have used :) Thanks for joining me in sharing the Uniko Sponsorship at TIME OUT Challenges too. Hugs Bev x

Lisa Kind said...

Such a pretty card! I love the monochromatic blues!

Nonni said...

Beautiful monochrome look and I love the bg stamp -I have it myself too and should use it more often! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Deborah ... those monochrome blue hues are just gorgeous! Fabulous to have you designing with us over at Time Out! Anita :)

Loll said...

Hi Deborah. The repeat stamping in the background with the different shades of blue is so pretty and really sets off your main panel. Love the soft watercolouring with the silver embossing. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

Shona Chambers said...

All that blue and white makes me a very happy lady!! I love your card, especially the panel of tiny squares running thru the middle. Very cool and geometric. So very fabulous to have you with us for this challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...