Saturday 31 October 2015

52CCT - Pick a Previous ...

....  Hi!  I'm rather late with my card for this week's challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  As we have five Saturdays this month, we have a PICK A PREVIOUS challenge and April has opted for a THEME.  I had quite a few ideas in my head, but just couldn't get anything on a card.  But this morning when I woke up I knew exactly what to make - I dreamt this card!!!

To Be Jolly - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Two Step Sprig, Tis the Season, Flurries
Inks: Memento - London Fog; Versafine - Onyx Black; Brilliance - Twilight
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card/DP - Basic Black; Martha Stewart Glitters; Glue Pen




I've gone right back to October 2012 for my theme - we wanted Christmas Fairy Lights.  I'm also playing along with the current Merry Monday Challenge - MM#177 where the team would like to see Christmas lights and Glitter, and over at Time Out Challenges - TOC#43 the theme is Christmas with the optional twist of using Pink and/or Purple.

I don't actually have any Christmas light stamps, but going through my stamp catalogue I realised that this leaf sprig looked a bit like lights.  I stamped them directly on the card in pale grey and added glue to the leaves and applied lots of lovely glitters.  I stamped the sentiment on scrap card, carefully cut it out and adhered it some black design paper.  I attached the sentiment to the card with dimensional gel.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of black paper and stamped a Christmas greeting and some snowflakes on the white panel.

To Be Jolly inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsTo Be Jolly sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm really pleased that I went back to the October 2012 challenge, as looking at the list of players, I realise I didn't actually get to play along that week.  I'm really pleased with the shimmer and sparkle on my "Christmas Lights".  Do visit our blog to check out the previous themes the rest of the team have gone with.  

Before I go, I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy Halloween.

Photo credit
We're going to downtown Northville this evening so that Ben and Sophie can experience an American style Halloween - it should be lots of fun.  The weather forecast is not great, but I don't think that'll stop us having fun!

signature

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, Deborah! So sparkly and very festive! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Susan Joyce said...

So creative, love how you improvised for the Christmas Lights. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Tanja said...

your card is beautiful - love all that sparkle

Anonymous said...

I love the colour combination you have used here and so clever to find a new use for that leaf stamp! Cx

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, I love all that sparkle. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

sandie said...

What a great idea Deborah-hadn't thought of using leaves as fairy lights but it really looks fab-that is creative thinking for you! Thanks for joining TO

Kate said...

Those lights look so yummy. What a fab idea to use the sprig.

Fabiola said...

Magnifique Déborah, t'es lumières sont superbes, elles en clignoteraient presque, biz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...