Sunday 4 October 2015

SNG - Birthday Boy ....

Hello!  It's rather chilly here in Northville - autumn has arrived with a vengeance.  Yesterday was very grey and windy - so much so that I put the heating on!  It was also World Cardmaking Day yesterday and I spent the day playing - lots of fun.  Today, I'm the host over at Sparkle and Glitter and I'm sharing a sweet birthday card that I made using the fab Birthday Turtle:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - A Tortuga for Frings Turtle; Uniko - Label Love Birthday
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Soft Sky, Night of Navy
Dies: Die-namics - Double Stitched Square Stax #2 and #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Night of Navy, Soft Sky; Gold Holographic Mirri Card; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear, Gold


I used this turtle last week to make a feminine style card. This time I've made a guy card with the turtle.  I printed him on white card, coloured him, cut him out and edged him with black.  I cut off the bow and tassels  on the hat which gives the image a more masculine feel.  I used my Gold Wink of Stella brush on the bow and his cake - the ink is translucent which allows the details to show through.  I've used the colours from this week's CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#144.  I cut a panel of gold holographic card - it's got birthday balloons to match the turtle - and adhered it to the card.  I cut some square in blue and added a birthday greeting to the white square.  I ran the turtle through my Xyron to make it self-adhesive and attached it to the card.  On the inside I used some more of the gold mirri card for a mat layer and added some more balloons and a birthday greeting to the white panel.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

If you like this fun turtle you can find him over at Rick St Dennis's Zibbet shop - not only will you find A Tortuga for Frings Turtle, but you'll also find lots of his pals!

I hope you're all having a good weekend - that's all for today - at least I think it is!!  See you soon.

signature

3 comments:

Jane said...

Such a fun card and great use of the CC&S colours. Thanks for playing along.

Patricia Hays said...

Somebody is sure to enjoy receiving this delightful card. Thanks for sharing it with us at CC&S!

Skylark said...

You have a wonderful range of comic stamps Deborah and how fortunate to have one designed especially for you! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Stef x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...