Wednesday 28 October 2015

TMR - Stash ....

... Hi!!  Can you believe it's almost the end of the month?  Time is flying by.  It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room and this time we have a Stash challenge.  I decided that it would be a good idea for us to make use of some of our stash and decided to use HARDWARE on our masculine projects.  I actually ended up making two cards:

You Rocked It - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: MFT - LLD Document It Rock On
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Night of Navy, Marina Mist
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Squares #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Night of Navy; We Are Memory Keepers - Eyelets

I made the base from navy card.  I cut a panel of white card slightly smaller and then cut off a corner to create a diagonal edge.  I lightly pencilled a line ½" from the edge and then used my (much neglected) Big Bite to punch the holes and add the eyelets.  I used dimensional tape to attach the panel to the front of the card.  I finished the front with a sentiment panel.  I die cut the square, added a sentiment and image and edged it with a marker to define the panel.  On the inside I cut a panel of white card and added some stars.  There's a large space left for my message.

You Rocked It inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

As I had the Big Bite out (can't remember the last time I used it), I decided to make another card:

Hello - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: MFT - LLD Document It Hello My Name Is
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Garden Green
Dies: Die-namics - Happy Hellos
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Garden Green; We Are Memory Keepers - Eyelets

This time I made the base from green card.  I die cut the sentiment at the bottom of the white panel and drew on six lines, using my Big Bite to punch the holes and set the eyelets.  I've gone for a sort of ombre look with the eyelet colours.  On the inside I cut a panel of white card and added a bold word to carry on the greeting.

Hello inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm so pleased that I've used some of my large vast collection of eyelets.  And it was nice to get the Big Bite out to play too!  Now that I've got it out, I think I'll play some more!


I have to tell you that neither of these designs are my idea.  I have CASEd them from two super CAS cards by the fabulous Pia Larson.  I changed up the cards to make them more masculine - switching the rainbow eyelets for blue on one card, and black through green on the other.  And instead of a curve I've gone for a diagonal.  The big change is that I've used coloured card for the base.  Here's a look at Pia's cards and the links - rainbow rain and rainbow curve:


Cards by Pia Larson

Do visit our blog to see what Anita, our Guest Designer, and the rest of the team have made to inspire you.  You've got plenty of time to join in - deadline for submission is midnight (GMT) Tuesday 10th November (7.00pm EDT).  Have fun!

signature

4 comments:

Jane said...

Two great CASEd cards, such a difficult thing to line up eyelets like this. I too have an underused big bite and a huge stash of eyelets, thanks for the inspiration.

sue t. said...

Eyelets- I think I got rid of those 3purges ago! Why oh why did I do that!! What fun cards!!

Mac Mable said...

Love the cards and the eyelets. My hand held machine can only do the edges with eyelets so I was intrigued to find out how you did these. Funny isn't it how we've got things in our stash we don't often use and maybe forget about and then newbies come along and want one of those big bites...like me! Great idea and thank you for the inspiration x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like that clever way of using eyelets. I especially like the "hello," with that cascade of eyelets. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...