Saturday 23 January 2016

52CCT - Theme ....

.... Hi!  I'm here with you this morning to share my DT card for the new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT03-16.  I'm hosting this month's challenges and I had lots of fun picking them.  I chose this week's theme specifically so that I could use this set of stamps!!!  I've had this set for quite some time, and it was time to give them some ink!  The theme is CHRISTMAS CANDLES/LANTERNS, and here's my card:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Docrafts - Candles; Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz - Crazy Talk
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Rectangle Stax #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Crushed Curry; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


I stamped the image (which is very large) and coloured it with Copic markers and added lots of sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush.  I added sparkle to the flourish, the stars, the flames and the dripping wax - sadly you can't see it in this photo!  This was originally going to be a one-layer card, but Copics really bleed through card, so I cut out a portion of the stamp with the stitched edge die.  I ran a Copic marker around the edge of the panel before adhering it to the card with dimensional tape. On the inside I cut a mat layer of deep yellow card and on the white panel I simply stamped a portion of the same image.  I was going to add some colour, but instead I just added a touch of sparkle to the image - which you can see in the photo below.  In order to show the shimmer, I've deliberately darkened the image.  This week's challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#177 is to "Make Your Mark" - and I certainly did that on this card!

Merry Christmas detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the team.  Have fun with the challenge!  That's all for now!

signature

9 comments:

Pauline said...

Great card Deb, I like the non traditional colours you used!

Kajcyika said...

Deborah, this is such a lovely card, love it! :)

Fabiola said...

très chic Deborah, colorée et festive, j'aime les colories que tu as choisi, biz

Lilian said...

Lovely card!!! Beautiful colors!
Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Peanut said...

Fab card,Deborah. Gorgeous candles and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Jacqueline said...

Love this card - what a great image to colour in - Jacqueline xx

Julie said...

So pretty. Lovely candles
Julie T

Julie said...

Great card. Love those candles
Julie T

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Wow Deborah! Those candles look amazing. I love the bright colours you have used Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...