Saturday 5 March 2016

52CCT - Sketch ....

... Hello and Good Morning!  As I type this post I can see a winter wonderland from my office window - snow all over the ground and houses, but with sunshine and blue skies - so very pretty.  I just hate driving in it!!  Anyway, it puts me in the mood for making Christmas cards, which is good as it's time for our new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT01-16.  Our host this month is Julie and she has a super sketch for us to use.  You can flip, rotate, adapt and add embellishments, but we must be able to see the sketch in your design.  Here's my take:

Chief Elf - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit Boy, Compliments of the Season II, Chief Elf
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Squares Stax #4, Wonky Stitched Circles Stax #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Say Aloha; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear


 

My card has a totally tropical feel, which is the theme over at this week's Merry Monday challenge - MM#194.  I thought it would be fun to make tropical style Christmas card and I used stamps from my all time favourite company - Waltzingmouse (who are, sadly, closing on 31st March).  Our sketch lends itself to using lots of design papers (and I have a huge stash!).  I used co-ordinating papers from Say Aloha to create the layers.  I used dies to cut the centre square and circle.  I stamped a fun Christmas sentiment in the centre of the circle. I stamped these lovely hibiscus flowers on scrap card, coloured them with Copics, cut out and added sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush.  I adhered them to the card with dimensional gel.  On the inside I cut a piece of design paper as a mat layer and on the white panel added a Christmas greeting and some more hibiscus flowers.

Chief Elf inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

As this card has multiple layers, I'm submitting it to the current challenge at Jingle Belles - JB:16:15. I am also linking up to our Farewell Blog Hop over at Waltzingmouse Fanatics.  If you're a fan of Claire's super stamps, please join us and share your work - Tara and I would like to show Claire just how much we Waltzingmouse Stamps and how much she'll be missed.

Don't forget to visit out blog to see more inspiration Christmas/winter cards from the rest of the team. As the sun is shining today (Friday morning) I've been able to take some photo of the fabulous sparkle you get with Wink of Stella:

Chief Elf detail 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsChief Elf detail 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for now - have a great weekend!

signature

11 comments:

Colleen said...

What a lovely design for this tropical theme Christmas card! I love your center sentiment...The Chief Elf! Such pretty colors you have used too and the hibiscus flowers are so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Bonnie said...

Hi Deborah, I love these tropical papers and flowers and those wonky stitched dies! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love all the tropical papers with the fun elf sentiment and hibiscus flowers, Deborah!!

Elizabeth said...

This is a terrific card! I love the "Chief Elf" stamp, the sparkly Wink of Stella, and the tropical flowers!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Love both your cards today Deborah. The Waltzing Mouse secret stamps set is perfect on the first (was heartbroken when I heard the news they were closing!) and I adore the hibiscus flowers on the second (have loads of them in my garden).
Great inspiration.
Sharon xx

Kajcyika said...

This is sooo amazing! I love it :) xx Kaja

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow! Such a gorgeous card! Love the colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Julie said...

Such a pretty tropical card. Love the circle sentiment and great job with the sketch
Julie T

SmilynStef said...

Great job with the sketch ... and your tropical holiday is lovely ... thanks for getting all bundled-up with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

What a cool and clever holiday card! I love the tropical vibe...and such a great use of layers! thank you for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun! <3

Charmaine Stack said...

Aloha, Deborah! What a fun idea for a Christmas card. I have friends in Hawaii I could send a card like this to. So sad about WMS - thanks for organizing the hop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...