Sunday 8 May 2016

Botanical goodness ....

... Hello again! I'm back with another card to share. Jacqueline, one of my crafting buddies started a new sketch challenge recently - Sassy Sketcharinos - and I'm very pleased to be Guest Designer there this week. I find having sketches can really help me, especially if I'm in a hurry - this week's sketch is so versatile. Here's my take:

Just for You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Botanical Blooms, Botanicals for You
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 23 (S4-347) #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Botanical Gardens; SU Card - Basic Black, Mossy Meadow; Clear Embossing Powder; Wink of Stella - Clear; Gems; Glitter


I got to play with some of my new SU goodies on this card. I covered the card with design paper and added three strips of double sided tape. I added clear glitter to the tape and burnished well to give a subtle striped, shimmer section. I die cut a large panel in white card and stamped the bold sentiment in black and heat embossed it with clear powder. I attached the panel flat to the card. I stamped the solid flowers in two colours and cut them out with matching dies. I die cut the flower centres from green card, attached them to the flowers and added a touch of sparkle to the end of the stamens with a clear Wink of Stella brush. Finished the front by adding some gems to the flowers. On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card, layered on some design paper and on the white panel finished the greeting and added some flowers.

Just for You inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsJust for You sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I used the colours from this week's CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#172, although it might not be CAS enough! I've taken a photo of the three sparkly stripes as you can't really see them in the photo above.

Just for You detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit Sassy Sketcharinos to check out more inspiration from the team and do join in, you've got plenty of time to play along. Have fun!

signature

6 comments:

karen h said...

Very pretty - I love the sparkle on the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Jane said...

Fabulous! Love that big sentiment, one of my all time favourites, and the flowers look amazing in the CC&S colours. Thanks for playing.

Unknown said...

This is lovely, Deb! I really like those framelit dies and the sparkle is a great touch. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

Beverley said...

I LOVE this stamp set and you have used it beautifully as well as the colours. Love the added sparkle too. Thanks for playing along at CC&S. Great to know about a new sketch challenge too, I will have to check it out. Hugs Bev x

Louise van Vuren said...

Saw this on FB and loved it! Thanks for joining in with our colour challenge at CC&S
Louise xx

Skylark said...

Love that big bold sentiment alongside your pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this last week. Stef x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...