Sunday 28 August 2016

CIC - Theme ....

.... Good morning! It's time for our new challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#373. This week as well as decorating the front of your card/project, we want you to decorate the inside too. For me this wasn't really a challenge, as I normally do this. But it is fun to carry the design through. Here's my card and the inside too:

Laughter & Friends - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Laughter & Friends inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: The Greeting Farm - Chibi Diver, Love & Friends; Dylusions - Ocean Backgrounds
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Green Galore; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Ovals # 3, Wonky Stitched Rectangles #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Bermuda Bay; SU DP - Daffodil Delight; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Glossy Accents


I've used the colours from this week's Colour Throwdown - CTD#407 as they work so well with the image. The layout from this week's Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#251 but I've adapted it for a landscape card. This card is a bit smaller than the ones I normally made - it's a bar 4.

I printed the image on white card, coloured it with Copic markers, cut it out with a die and then added sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush and some glossy accents to the mask - you can see in the photo!! I die cut some design paper to go behind the image and added a strip of teal card. I used my MISTI to stamp the greeting on the front. I added the image with some dimensional tape. I carried the theme and sentiment to the inside by stamping some sea weed at the edges of the white panel and the sentiment in the middle. I layered this on to a mat layer of teal card.

Laughter & Friends sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Our sponsor this week is The Greeting Farm and the winner of this challenge will get a $25 Gift Certificate from them to use in their shop.


Do check out our blog to see more from the rest of the team - everyone has decorated the inside of their projects beautifully!  Have fun!

signature

5 comments:

cm said...

The sweetness of your card's outside is matched by the sweetness inside! Darling little mermaid enjoying her ocean surroundings...
~carol

Birgit said...

Deb, this is so adorable! I really need to follow your lead and work on making the insides of my cards cute too. This challenge was a good one for me. ;0)

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a fun card! I love the bright colors and the little bits of sparkle too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Wanda Cullen said...

Adorable card...inside and out! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is just wonderful! What a scene little scene you've created - those images are just the sweetest! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...