Friday 26 August 2016

Uniko - Theme .....

.... Hello! I'm here this morning with my card for our theme challenge at Uniko. This month we want you to create a card that has been INSPIRED BY A SONG TITLE. This card was inspired by the song Hip to be Square by Huey Lewis and The News - see clip at the end of this post:

Smile - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - All Occasion Sentiments #6, Background Builders Squared, Time
Inks: Memento - Summer Sky, Pear Tart, Rose Bud; Stampin' Up! - Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Rich Razzleberry


I've used the colours from this week's Colour Q Challenge - cQc#356. I've made a really clean and simple card, but it took a while! I really like these squares, but it took a while to line them all up. I cut them into a panel, slightly smaller than the card base and edged it with some dark ink. I finished the front with a bold sentiment. On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper and added some decoration to the white panel.

Smile inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSmile sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the team. The challenge actually started last week and I knew immediately the song that I would use - Yellow Submarine - and I had just the right stamp! And, then I realised that it wasn't a Uniko stamp :)))) As I couldn't get the song out of my head, I had to pass, but this week was much easier.

And here's the song by Huey Lewis and the News:



signature

5 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super fun and vibrant Debs and certainly makes me Smile! Great choice of song inspiration and a gorgeous CAS card. Sarah x

Jane said...

Ooh super song choice and I love your interpretation - gloriously CAS and just how I like cards!

Jen Mitchell said...

Great song! And what a cool card! I love the geometric designs of your squares. Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ!

Anita in France said...

Wonderful pops of bright colour against all that brilliant white, Deborah, so fun ... and a great take on that fabulous song! Anita :)

Sarah G said...

They are the perfect stamps for this fab song choice, Debs! I love the bright, zingy colours too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...