Wednesday 26 October 2016

TMR - Colours ...

... Good morning! We had so many fabulous projects submitted for our Halloween challenge at The Male Room - thank you all! And today sees the start of our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#47. We have a colour challenge for you ORANGE, YELLOW AND BLUE - you can make them as bright or pale as you want, you can add neutrals of black, white, cream, grey, brown, gold or silver but NO OTHER COLOURS!!! Here's my card:


Stamps: Carabelle - Metre Steampunk, Etiquettes Grunge; Visible Image - Glimmer of Light; Stampin' Up! - It's a Celebration
Inks: SU - Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card


I've made a one layer card with a freeform, collage look. I've based the design on this week's sketch at The Paper Players - PP#318. although I flipped the sketch vertically. I'm also playing along with AAA Cards - AAA#76 as they want to see masculine cards.

I used some new stamps from Carabelle Studio which I found at my local craft shop. They're fantastic and work perfectly for masculine style projects. I started with the metric measure in yellow, then the grunge labels in orange, the sentiment in blue and finished with the light buld for that glimmer of light. On the inside I simply stamped another of the label stamps. It was really quick and easy to make this one!


For more inspiration using these colours on your masculine projects, do visit our blog to see more from the Design Team. Have fun!

signature

13 comments:

Teresa said...

Just spotted this on FB and had to come take a closer look (because you used a VI stamp!!) I love how you combined the different stamps, they work so well together, and the bright colours of the challenge theme are fab!!

Andreja said...

What a fantastic card you made and I like all stamps you use :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Jane said...

Well you know your card is right up my street & I love it! 💜

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I love this! So fun and funky! Glad you shared it at the Paper PLayers!

Kate said...

Hi Deborah, saw this yesterday and meant to comment, but obviously forgot (got distracted by looking up all the lovely stamps you used). Just had to say how much your card caught my eye - colours, layout and perfect combination of stamps (even though they're not from the same company). That was not an easy colour combo but you really nailed it!!!

Natalie Lapakko said...

Great card, I love how all these colorful squiggly lines come together to make an image. Great colors!

LeAnne said...

What a fun combination of eclectic images and colors! I love it! Makes me want to go stamp something grungy! Thanks for taking the time to play with the Players this week!

stampwithsandy said...

Deborah your use of all the layers in the sketch on a one layer card is brilliant! I love it! So glad you shared with us this week at The Paper Players!

Melissa L. said...

I love this color combination, Deborah. Very cool, graphic and masculine design. The sentiment is an excellent one!! I've been thinking about playing along at The Male Room for this challenge and seeing your card reminds me to plan out a card! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the graphic feel of your masculine composition. Blessings!

Jenny Colacicco said...

Wonderful sentiment and i love the layered effect you achieved even using only one layer. Thanks so much for sharing at AAA Cards. Jenny x

Shawna said...

I just had to comment that I have been thoroughly enjoying your card... I love the colored outline stamping.. I may have to CASE this idea!!
Cyber Hugs,
Shawna

Tiya-B said...

I love this card,all the pieces go so well together, its so fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...