Monday 21 November 2016

Thankful ....

.... Morning! I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend. Ours was lots of fun. We saw Kat perform in her first public recital. She was so nervous, but she sang beautifully. Yes, I know that I'm somewhat biased, but it was good. In fact, all the singers were excellent. I think Kat is going to do it again!!!

It's Thanksgiving this week, and Kat will finish school mid-morning on Wednesday and be off until the following Monday. It's the only break she gets between starting in September and stopping for Christmas. She's very much looking forward to the break. I've a Thanksgiving card to share with you today:

Gratitude - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Day of Gratitude
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Creole Spice; SU - Chocolate Chip
Dies: Die-namics - Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles Stax #4 and #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU - Hello Honey, Photoplay 12 x 12 - Falling Leaves; Wink of Stella - Clear


I used the colours from this week's Colour Q Challenge - cQc#368. Over at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge - CFC#161 they have the theme of Being Thankful.

I bought a really lovely sheet of 12" x 12" design paper on Saturday with lots of large panels that are just the right size for making cards (or using in Project Life scrapbooks). I cut out all the panels and picked this one for the focus. I stamped the background using a Kaleidacolor pad - just lvoe the ombre effect with the inks. I layered the panel on some warm yellow card and adhered it to the card. I stamped some leaves, cut them out and attached them with gel. I finished by adding a touch of sparkle to the words. On the inside I cut another mat of yellow card and added a simple greeting on the white panel.

Gratitude inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsGratitude sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for now - see you soon!

signature

4 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Pretty card. I love how the medallions are peeking out behind the center layers. This is a perfect sentiment for this time of year too! Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ!

Joyce said...

This card is all fall. Gorgeous images and inking. Love the inside, too. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ.

Kim Heggins said...

Just so beautiful...thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ!

Channin Pelletier said...

Beautiful! Really love the ink gradation on the leaves, so pretty!! Thanks so much for joining us at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...