Monday 12 December 2016

Candlelight ...

.... Morning! Wow, that weekend went fast! The snow storm arrived as promised and we have lots of it outside - the guy who clears the drive came yesterday and should be here again today, it's a good thing, otherwise I have to do it! Kat has a snow day and so does Jonathan - so we're all going to be safe and warm inside. If you do have to drive anywhere - take it slow, keep your distance and be safe.

Anyway, on to more pleasant things - I've a very clean and simple Christmas card to share with you today:

Peace & Joy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Winnie & Walter - The Big, The Bold & Merry; Stampin' Up! - Jar of Cheer
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black; SU - Crumb Cake
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Everyday Jar Framelits
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Season of Style; Copics; Spectrum Noir - Sparkle Brush Clear; Copic Markers


The card is based on the current Fusion Challenge - FUSION#63, both the sketch and the candles in the jars on the graphic photo. I'm also submitting this card to The Card Concept - CC#63 where I picked up the red, green and kraft colours, along with the bold words.

I stamped the jar on some white card and used the matching die to cut it out. I stamped the candle and holly inside the jar and then decided to reduce the height of the jar. I coloured the candle and holly with Copics and added lots of sparkle to them. I cut a panel of design paper for the base of the card and then stamped the bold greeting in black. I adhered the jar to the card and added an extra layer of holly for some depth. On the inside I cut a mat layer of the design paper and on the white panel stamped a greeting and another candle.

Peace & Joy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsPeace & Joy sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I took a close-up of the candle in the jar to show you the sparkle - it's lovely in real-life!!

Peace & Joy detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I think that I've made all of the cards I need this year, so I plan to spend most of today writing them, sticking on address labels and stamps, and putting them in the post. Hopefully, the postman will arrive to pick them up! That's all for now!

signature

3 comments:

sandie said...

I love how you picked out the colours from our photo and what a superb way to add dimension. Thanks for joining the card concept

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card. Love the sparkle on the candle. So glad you could join us at The Card Concept!

Jen Timko said...

Lovely! What clever combination of stamps and DSP. Be safe in all that snow. Glad you joined us at The Card Concept!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...