Tuesday 20 December 2016

Starlines ....

.... Morning all! I'm sharing a very clean, simple card that I made a couple of weeks ago. It's for my friend Cheryl who I've known for many years! It's her birthday today and the card should have reached her, so I'm safe to share today:

Sagittarius - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Star Gazer; Winnie & Walter - The Big, The Bold & Happy
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Dies: Die-namics - Ovals
Accessories: Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Black; White Lustre Card; Silver Embossing Powder

I got the idea for this card when I was going through my stamps looking for something for the Less is More - LIM#306 one-layer outline challenge. I found these super constellation stamps from Papertrey that haven't seen ink for a while. Perfect for the outline part of the challenge, but I couldn't share it at the time. However, I can share it now.

I made the card base from black card and cut an oval mask for the centre of the card. I lightly sponged on some silver shimmer ink - to suggest outer space. After removing the mask and making sure that the ink was completely dry, I stamped the constellation for Sagittarius - Cheryl's star sign - and added the words too. I embossed them with silver powder. A very clean and simple card. On the inside I cut a panel of white card on which I added a very bold birthday greeting and some small silver stars.

Sagittarius inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm sure that Cheryl will be having a super day with her family. That's all for today. Bye for now.

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...