Friday 6 January 2017

Christmas Angel ....

.... Good evening! It's bitterly cold here in Northville, but at least we don't have the snow that some areas do. It's the kind of day that's perfect to stay in and play in my craft room. I know that we've only just finished with Christmas, but it's never too early to make a start on my stash for this year. I've a clean and simple card to share with you:

Christmas Angel - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stamp A Nation - Angel (I think the company has closed); Uniko - Simply Said Christmas, Most Wonderful
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up - Sweet Sugar Plum; Memento - London Fog
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dotted Rectangles #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Sweet Sugarplum; Silver Embossing Powder; Copics


I used the theme from Merry Monday - MM#229 and the colours are from CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#204. I used my MISTI to position and stamp the angel. I used a pale grey ink and then added colour with Copic markers. I made sure that the inks were completely dry, ran an antistatic bag over the card and then stamped the image again using Versamark - the joy of the MISTI is that it stamps in exactly the same place. I heat embossed the image with silver powder. I then added a clean and crisp sentiment and used a die to cut the holes around the border. I added a layer of dark pink card to the inside so the colour shows through. I also cut a mat layer of dark pink card. On the white panel I simply added a Christmas greeting.

Christmas Angel inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsChristmas Angel sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This is not your usual sweet and cute angel, this is an angel with attitude! I love the patterns on the wings and gown - they are similar to Native American patterns. I got the image at a craft fair about 4 years ago and I can't find details of the company on the Internet, so I think it's discontinued.

That's all for today. Do stop by tomorrow to see my card for our first challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown. See you soon.

signature

10 comments:

karen h said...

Cool image! Love the silver embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - just love this angel image and how you colored her, Deborah! Spotted your beauty over at Merry Monday...

Jane said...

Such a funky and unusual angel, love how you've used it with the CC&S colours. Thanks for playing.

Beverley said...

A wonderful quirky angel and I wish I had your mentality with regard to starting early on Christmas cards! FAB use of the colours and thanks for joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

Lindsey said...

A very unusual angel stamp - love the different patterns. I can't believe you've started this year's Xmas cards already! I'm very impressed xx

Susan Joyce said...

Love the Angel image Deborah, looks like she might be feeling the cold!! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday. Happy New Year!

samantha's cards said...

Great take on the color challenge, thanks for joining us at CC&S

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely angel image Deborah!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

How beautiful! Love the colours too!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Cathy P said...

What an unusual angel - I love her and how you have used this week's colors, Deborah! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S this week! Hugs, Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...