Saturday 18 February 2017

CCT - Technique .....

... Good morning! It's time for our new challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown - CCT04. For the next couple of weeks we have a technique challenge for you to use on your Christmas cards. We want to see Sunburst backgrounds (if you're not sure what this is, check out the video at the end of this post). You can do the technique with inks, but we want to see you use design papers - a great way to use up scraps! Here's the card I made:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Star of Light, Flurry of Wishes; Funstamps - Scribble Snowman
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - North Pole; Copics; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear


Most of the sunburst techniques use triangular panels that are of equal size, but it is possible to vary the size of the triangles - it's just a bit more fiddly! I took the opportunity to use up lots of the scraps that I have in the North Pole design paper set. I covered the front of the card with Stick-It, a very thin and sticky double sided adhesive sheet. I then started to layer on the triangles. Once I'd finished with the background, I stamped my favourite snowman on some scrap white card, colour him with Copics taking card to use the colours from my background. I cut him out, edged him with a black marker and then added lots of sparkle to the snowman with a clear Spectrum Noir brush. I used a panel of design paper on which to stamp the sentiment and then attached it flat to the card. I used dimensional gel to attach the snowman. On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper and on the white panel added a bold Christmas greeting along with a snowman peeking in from the bottom!

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to Merry Monday - MM#235 where they want to see snow folk on our cards. Don't forget to visit Christmas Card Throwdown to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the team. You've got plenty of time to join the fun - deadline is midnight GMT Friday 3rd March. Now, here's that video about the sunburst technique:



signature

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

Cute snowman and I love the sunburst technique. Great card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great selection of papers on your sunburst, such a cutie snowman and your insert is wonderful too. A SUPER card.
Faith
x

Fabiola said...

très belle ambiance nordique Deborah, je vois que les bonhommes de neige ont eu du succès cette semaine! biz

EK Gorman said...

Okay, that snowman is so stinkin' cute. I love how playful your card is the week. It really is perfect!!!

AlisonC said...

Gorgeous papers and such a cute snowman. I might need to search him out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...